Alien Gear Shape Shift Holster System

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Alien Gear Shape Shift Holster System

Post by Tex1961 »

Just purchased the Alien Gear shape shift holster system. A little background first.

LTC for just over a week now so a newbie
Current gear is Bersa Thunder 380 with Alien Gear IWB and OWB holsters, but changing out to a Ruger LC9s this week. (Bersa and Holsters have been sold)
IWB carry, but cold weather coming so will most likely switch to OWB
I do some light amateur competition shooting so I require a OWB holster that is a bit further away from the body and of course a full sized 9mm for those competitions.

I ordered the new Shape Shift system to fit the LC9 and an extra shell for my larger 9mm when comp. shooting... I am an old tech geek anyway so the new system is right up my alley... I am already comfortable with the AG holsters anyway so I figured not much of a stretch to adjust to a new holster.. From my understanding the new holsters are even more comfortable than what I have... I figured for the $99.00 price VS buying 2 or 3 different ones for different guns and carry style was a good choice.

Has anyone else here purchased the Shape Shift system yet?

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alien Gear Shape Shift Holster System

Post by mloamiller »

I have thought about this, but haven't purchased one, so I'll be interested in your experience.

I currently carry a Ruger SR9c in a Fobus paddle holster. While I like the flexibility of the Shape Shift, the paddle configuration appears to stick out from the body much further than the Fobus. I like the "high and tight" feeling of the Fobus, which is why I've hesitated on the Shape Shift to this point.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I placed an order today with Alien Gear for a new pistol my wife bought me on Veterans Day. I got my holster in the mail today. I'll start wearing it tomorrow.
Last edited by SkipB on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skip Bishop

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I have the Alien Gear Shape Shift Holster System and am liking it so far. I like the versatility but opening the box for the first time can be overwhelming. So many parts. However, after some practice I'm now able to switch things up quickly from IWB to OWB. I did buy an extra holster to keep it as a full shell and used the mount in my truck so I could keep it on the middle console.

Good buy so far but I'll try other holsters in the future to see if there is anything I like better.
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

I got an AG Shapeshifter for Christmas and have been using it daily since. I carry a Glock 23 IWB at 4 o’clock. Granted, it’s only been a little over a week, but I like it so far; it is very comfortable. That said, it’s huge! (Yes I know- that’s what she said). I find the size a little off putting. I still find it a little difficult to get on and off, and It’s a little difficult to get my wallet out of my back pocket when I have my holster on. I’m going to try moving my holster a little closer to my 3 o’clock to alleviate this.
Overall- Based on my short history with this holster, I recommend it but give the warning that it is rather large.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

Try using the smalller aiwb holster in your 4 o’clock. I prefer the regular larger one. Something I changed though when I started CCing was to buy a front pocket wallet so that I wouldn’t have to try to reach into my back pocket anymore. Also give it some time. I can slip the full holster on in no time now.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Tex1961 wrote:Try using the smalller aiwb holster in your 4 o’clock. I prefer the regular larger one. Something I changed though when I started CCing was to buy a front pocket wallet so that I wouldn’t have to try to reach into my back pocket anymore. Also give it some time. I can slip the full holster on in no time now.
:iagree: (carry wallet in left front pocket now, for several reasons)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”