Wheel gun carry

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
longtooth wrote:I am old and still like to carry my revolver.
Have been looking for a high quality thumb break holster for my RugerGP100 3" barrel for a while. No real luck.
Would also consider a kydex level 2. But have found nothing there at all.

Who carries a full size revolver OC and what do you carry it in.
Thank you for your help.
LT

LT, as you well know, I have handled that Ruger of yours and admired it with a lustful eye. I think I have a solution for you...... send it to me, and let ME carry.....uhhhh.... I mean let me assume the burden of finding a good holster for it. :mrgreen:

In the meantime: Safariland Mode 5 Belt Slide with thumb break

Safariland 111 Cyclone Belt Holster with Thumb Break


Thank you sir. You know you are welcome to shoot it any time you come for a visit. You can even carry it while here. I will have to have it back before you leave. :tiphat:
Thank you for these sights. I am going there now.
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 pm

TAM??
On this site http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... ne&start=1
Do you know how the belt loop is designed??? Not at all interested in cross draw.
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22870
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby The Annoyed Man » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 pm

longtooth wrote:TAM??
On this site http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... ne&start=1
Do you know how the belt loop is designed??? Not at all interested in cross draw.

LT, it has one belt loop on one side, and two on the other. Depending on which belt loop you use on the other side, it will be either cross draw or strong side draw. Here’s a picture of what the backside of it looks like:

Image

In the picture, it is set up for cross draw. But if you ran the belt out that second belt loop, it would be set up for strong side draw.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 am

:tiphat: Thank you for the picture.
I like the setup. For the price right now I think I just may get one. :tiphat:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11


Boxerrider
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby Boxerrider » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 am

Lobo seems to have established a pretty good reputation, although I don't have any personal experience.
http://lobogunleather.com/


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:49 am

Boxerrider wrote:Lobo seems to have established a pretty good reputation, although I don't have any personal experience.
http://lobogunleather.com/

Thank you sir. kinda like the looks of this guys Avenger.
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

User avatar

TxLobo
Senior Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Brownwood, Texas

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby TxLobo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 pm

longtooth wrote:I am old and still like to carry my revolver.
Have been looking for a high quality thumb break holster for my RugerGP100 3" barrel for a while. No real luck.
Would also consider a kydex level 2. But have found nothing there at all.

Who carries a full size revolver OC and what do you carry it in.
Thank you for your help.
LT



Lone Star Holsters in Early, Texas makes something similar to what you are asking about..
http://www.lonestarholsters.com/product/BHL55
"It's not the wolves of the wild that I fear, but the sheep, the sheep cause me concern.."

1911, 'cause life's too short to carry an ugly gun...
NRA Life Member


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:08 pm

TxLobo wrote:
longtooth wrote:I am old and still like to carry my revolver.
Have been looking for a high quality thumb break holster for my RugerGP100 3" barrel for a while. No real luck.
Would also consider a kydex level 2. But have found nothing there at all.

Who carries a full size revolver OC and what do you carry it in.
Thank you for your help.
LT



Lone Star Holsters in Early, Texas makes something similar to what you are asking about..
http://www.lonestarholsters.com/product/BHL55


Thank you TxLobo. I like several that I see there. Are you owner??? :tiphat:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

User avatar

pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2971
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby pbwalker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 pm

longtooth wrote:Probably what I will do. He sure make some good holsters.


I own an HF2 because of you LT! I always loved your holster and once I got to a point in my life where I could comfortably afford it, I got it. Now it's my BBQ rig holster for my 1911s.
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:38 am

pbwalker wrote:
longtooth wrote:Probably what I will do. He sure make some good holsters.


I own an HF2 because of you LT! I always loved your holster and once I got to a point in my life where I could comfortably afford it, I got it. Now it's my BBQ rig holster for my 1911s.

I did not even find the HF2 on the new web page. I am going back to look again.
Checked again and since it is now Tucker and Bird it seems the HF2 has been dropped. The SST is the closest thing they have. It has no provision for a Thumb break.

Thank you for your confidence in a man long deceased. :tiphat:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

User avatar

TxLobo
Senior Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Brownwood, Texas

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby TxLobo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

longtooth wrote:
TxLobo wrote:
longtooth wrote:I am old and still like to carry my revolver.
Have been looking for a high quality thumb break holster for my RugerGP100 3" barrel for a while. No real luck.
Would also consider a kydex level 2. But have found nothing there at all.

Who carries a full size revolver OC and what do you carry it in.
Thank you for your help.
LT



Lone Star Holsters in Early, Texas makes something similar to what you are asking about..
http://www.lonestarholsters.com/product/BHL55


Thank you TxLobo. I like several that I see there. Are you owner??? :tiphat:


Nooo.. I wished I had the talent to work with leather.. for now, I will continue to work on computers.
"It's not the wolves of the wild that I fear, but the sheep, the sheep cause me concern.."

1911, 'cause life's too short to carry an ugly gun...
NRA Life Member


Topic author
longtooth
Senior Member
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Wheel gun carry

Postby longtooth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Finally settled on one.
http://lobogunleather.com/

Their Combat classic w/ Thumb Break.
Thanks for all the help here.

http://lobogunleather.com/owb-outside-t ... t-classic/
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11


Return to “Holsters & Accessories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests