Desantis VS Ruger pocket Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Desantis VS Ruger pocket Holster

Post by Tex1961 »

Picked up a Ruger LCP this weekend and it comes with a pocket holster in the box. It seems ok to me, but is there a big difference in the Desantis pocket holder vs. this one...

I carry a Ruger LC9s, but figured this would be great for summer days or a quick run to the store when I don't want to strap my holster on.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Desantis VS Ruger pocket Holster

Post by chasfm11 »

I got a Desantist Nemisis when I bought my LCP. I like it because it really stays put in my pocket. I've let other people try the combination in their pockets and none of failed to get a good clean draw the first time.

I used to stick my LCP in my pocket for runs to the store, too, but have re-thought the wisdom of that. Now, the only time that I carry it is when I have real concealment concerns about where I'm going.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Did your's come with the Ruger pocket holster?

That's really what I am looking for is if there is any appreciable difference between the two. I've been playing around.. (Opps.. TESTING) with mine and so far a clean draw every time. Matter of fact sitting here in my home office with it loaded and in my pocket as a carpet cleaning crew is running around the house...

See previous post about do you carry with service people in your house.

https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90697

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Tex1961 wrote:Did your's come with the Ruger pocket holster?

That's really what I am looking for is if there is any appreciable difference between the two. I've been playing around.. (Opps.. TESTING) with mine and so far a clean draw every time. Matter of fact sitting here in my home office with it loaded and in my pocket as a carpet cleaning crew is running around the house...

How much more difficult is it to draw from the pocket holster while seated than while standing? Do you make any additional movements to ease drawing while seated?
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

When not pocket carrying the LCP, & want to tick/IWB concealed carry may I recommend the Galco Tuck-N-Go

It has a J-hook, so almost no belt clip is seen, Tuckable,
The Gen III J-Hook’s streamlined design hooks over the pants and behind the belt, hooking upward and only showing a small piece at the bottom. A tucked-in shirt will completely conceal your firearm.
https://www.galcogunleather.com/tuck-n- ... _1320.html (probably cheaper on Amazon or elsewhere)
I have both left & Right hand ones for different carry positions

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

oljames3 wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:Did your's come with the Ruger pocket holster?

How much more difficult is it to draw from the pocket holster while seated than while standing? Do you make any additional movements to ease drawing while seated?
I find that I only just lean a different way... Instead of leaning forward as I would my regular IWB, I just lean more towards the side instead. I tend to buy relaxed fit jeans with larger pockets anyway so there is a lot of room for both the holster and my hand even in the sitting position. When out in about in the summer months I am pretty much in cargo shorts 99% of the time as I am self employed and work from home anyway.. So again larger style pockets as well. Many times I just have a pair of running shorts on with elastic waist band so any type of IWB is almost out of the question.. I hate to go through all of the trouble of changing my pants just to make a quick run to the store. And since I am of the mind that any gun is better than the one you left at home the small LCP in my pocket is a winner.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Tex1961,

My wife has been looking at the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for her Walther PPS M2 LE as an alternative to her DeSantis Carry II IWB/OWB. Thanks for your input.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RandyM

Post by RandyM »

I tried a couple pocket holsters, but am using the blackhawk tecgrip for my ruger LC9s.

http://blackhawk.com/products/holsters- ... bidextrous

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I appreciate all of the answers, I really do... But my original question really hasn't been answered....

How does the Desantis pocket holster compare to the Ruger pocket holster that comes in the box with the LCP... I have been using it for the last several weeks and have been overall happy with the performance of it... Which is all that matters really, but I just wanted to know if anyone has been able to compare the two of them and if one is better than the other...

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”