Thanks to you all!!!

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tex45acp
Posts in topic: 2

Thanks to you all!!!

Post by tex45acp »

I finally bit the bullet and decided to try, once again to IWB my Springfield Champion with a "high quality holster" such as the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I tried to IWB before with a lesser quality holster and that was a big mistake. So I really trust in your opinions of this holster and I found a dealer that stocks them. This way I dont have to wait for one from the factory. It shipped today!!!
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I think you're really going to like it. I have VM-II's for Commanders and 5" guns.

Chas.

Topic author
tex45acp

Post by tex45acp »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I think you're really going to like it. I have VM-II's for Commanders and 5" guns.

Chas.
Chas,

I was a little unsure having tried several IWB holsters in the past, but I have to admit.....you hit the nail on the head with this one. I ordered a black VM II from Top Gun Supply and it arrived Tuesday. I ordered the plain jane version with the leather wrap around strap instead of the shark skin. I wore it to work on Wednesday while I was making preparations for Hurricane Rita. I was hanging plywood over the doors & windows of my business, moving the 42 computers from the floor to elevated positions in case of flooding, and loading my servers into my Tahoe to take home with me and I literally forgot I had it on with the Champion fully loaded. I wore it all day yesterday around the house also making preparations for the pending storm and have it on now. Thank you Mr. Cotton and Mr. Sparks. I have several Galco OWB's that I use but I think the VM II will see much more use in the future. The only complaint that I have is that some of the black dye rubbed off onto my t-shirt. I'm guessing this is because it is new and will eventually stop.
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tex45acp wrote:The only complaint that I have is that some of the black dye rubbed off onto my t-shirt. I'm guessing this is because it is new and will eventually stop.
I used to make holsters and mag carriers just for myself and I had a lot of trouble with black dye rubbing off. I have many Sparks holsters, all in black, and not one of them has had a problem with dye coming off. I'd call Sparks and tell them what's going on. They may have you send it back to be sealed. An alternative is to use a product called Sheen. This is what I used to cure the back dye problem, but I'd talk to Sparks first. Let me know if you want more information about sealing it yourself, but I would discourage this at this point.

Regards,
Chas.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”