House committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TomV
Posts in topic: 1

House committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety

Post by TomV »

The House committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety meets on Tuesday the 17th. This is where many of the House bills including HB 308 ended up.

Is there anyway to find out what they are going to discuss?
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

juno106
Posts in topic: 1

Re: House committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety

Post by juno106 »

I also would be interested in knowing.

If any 2A issues, might be interested in showing up.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Click on committee schedules and then on the committee of interest. Unfortunately, I think they only have to give 24 hours notice of meeting agendas. http://www.legis.state.tx.us/mytlo/mobile/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

healthinsp wrote:The House committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety meets on Tuesday the 17th. This is where many of the House bills including HB 308 ended up.

Is there anyway to find out what they are going to discuss?
During a regular session, House committees must give five days' advance notice of any public hearing (a meeting at which they will take public testimony on a bill). Technically, House committees (unlike Senate committees) are not required to hold a public hearing before voting on a bill, but they almost always do unless they've already held a hearing on a similar bill.

Therefore, if and when the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety schedules hearings on gun bills, you'll get at least five days' notice.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Thanks for the correction on the notice. Not sure where I got the 24 hours.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

mojo84 wrote:Thanks for the correction on the notice. Not sure where I got the 24 hours.
You were probably thinking of the Senate, where committees are only required to give twenty-four hours' notice of a public hearing (though Senate committees typically give at least seventy-two hours' notice, so as to avoid having a hearing delayed by a bill being "tagged"). During a special session, the posting requirement in the House is also reduced to twenty-four hours.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”