HB910 on House Calendar for 3rd Reading

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 8

Re: HB910 on House Calendar for 3rd Reading

Post by LSUTiger »

It seemed like it was too good to be true that anything was going to get done. Not at all knock on those whose efforts got us this far (THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS!), but rather an indictment on those who are standing in the way of progress.

And just for the sake of argument, if the fate of HB910 is to let the clock run out, what chance did HB308 and SB11 ever really have?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

safety1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by safety1 »

I made contact with Rep. Dan Flynn today, and Speaker Straus. email & phone. Just because I'm upset with the stall in progress, I haven't given up hope!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'm truly upset that campus carry or hb308 aren't getting a fair shake. It's really a big pile of bull that there are magic lines that we can't walk past and be on public property owned by Texans and be able to defend ourselves. I really thought there was a decent shot for open carry and a still decent shot for campus carry.

The machine fails us again. It will be a miracle if they get anything done in the last four weeks. I hope I'm wrong and hb937 or sb11 gets moving. Hb308 would be best, but I think that is gone...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Srnewby
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Srnewby »

Before anyone loses hope that OC will get passed, I would note that Charles has been absent from these conversations for several days and the last comment I saw from him is that OC will pass. I am hopeful that something is being worked out in the background that none of us is aware of yet. I won't give up hope until such time as Charles says OC is dead for this session.

Tracker
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Tracker »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I'm truly upset that campus carry or hb308 aren't getting a fair shake. It's really a big pile of bull that there are magic lines that we can't walk past and be on public property owned by Texans and be able to defend ourselves. I really thought there was a decent shot for open carry and a still decent shot for campus carry.

The machine fails us again. It will be a miracle if they get anything done in the last four weeks. I hope I'm wrong and hb937 or sb11 gets moving. Hb308 would be best, but I think that is gone...
Do a google search for sex offenders map of _____city. My daughter has her CHL and I saw to she got well trained in how to us her gun in scenario based training. She goes to Texas Tech. This is the sex offenders map for Lubbock. With all those red flags clustered around the college id like to know why she (anyone) shouldn't be allowed to protect herself.
http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Lubbock-Texas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can zoom in and click on the flags for the person's rap sheet

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Srnewby wrote:Before anyone loses hope that OC will get passed, I would note that Charles has been absent from these conversations for several days and the last comment I saw from him is that OC will pass. I am hopeful that something is being worked out in the background that none of us is aware of yet. I won't give up hope until such time as Charles says OC is dead for this session.
I agree, until Charles says its dead......its still alive! I will contiune to make calls until i hear otherwise.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

safety1 wrote:
Srnewby wrote:Before anyone loses hope that OC will get passed, I would note that Charles has been absent from these conversations for several days and the last comment I saw from him is that OC will pass. I am hopeful that something is being worked out in the background that none of us is aware of yet. I won't give up hope until such time as Charles says OC is dead for this session.
I agree, until Charles says its dead......its still alive! I will contiune to make calls until i hear otherwise.
Open-carry is fine and even HB308 has some life left in it. Srnewby is correct, something is working so watch the horizon. Since we know the opposition reads the Forum, and that there are even moles among us, I can't say more at this point. I spent the day in Austin today.

Chas.

Wes
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wes »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
safety1 wrote:
Open-carry is fine and even HB308 has some life left in it. Srnewby is correct, something is working so watch the horizon. Since we know the opposition reads the Forum, and that there are even moles among us, I can't say more at this point. I spent the day in Austin today.

Chas.
Glad to hear 308 still has a chance, I'll be watching for any calls to action on it or 910 if it will still help.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TexasCajun »

IIRC there are usually lots of starts & stops that happen with the good gun bills. Looks like right now we're in one of those stop times. There is still about a month left in the session. As the clock starts to wind down, they'll start picking up the pace & even go so far as to pass measures to stop the clock so that time doesn't run out.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

mr1337
Posts in topic: 36

Post by mr1337 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
safety1 wrote:

Chas.
That's great news. I can't wait to see movement on HB308. We are not opposed to being left in the dark about things that are cranking behind the scenes if that's what is best to keep the bills moving. Just let us know if and when we need to light up the phones. :tiphat:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
safety1 wrote:

Chas.
Great news!!!!1 :hurry:
NRA - Life Member

stash
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stash »

Thanks Charles for hope on 910 and 308.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FormerTSgt »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
safety1 wrote:

Chas.
Much obliged, Charles.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by canvasbck »

Not geting my hopes up yet, but 308 would be a huge victory!!

Kinda sad that we are keeping our fingers crossed and hopefull that the legislators MAY pass something that should pretty much be a slam dunk as soon as you look at the outstanding record of CHL holders.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 8

Post by LSUTiger »

I can say this:

I am for OC, Constitutional Carry, CC, no off limit areas, the whole 9 yards, "shall not be infringed" is my goal.....we should continue to fight for these things.

What I have come to appreciate is the way we are going to get there, although we must admit that some times the next step is a big leap, but generally its gonna happen a little at a time and that's better than nothing. Closely following this whole process and the watching the debates/voting has been an educational one for me. I have a better understanding of what it takes to get things done and what we are up against.

Charles's comment have restored my hope that things are gonna work out.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”