More Stickland follies

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More Stickland follies

Post by The Annoyed Man »

steveincowtown wrote:
jmra wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:I heard about this and still don't get it.

Pickett rudely pulled Stickland into a gotcha moment that had zero to do with Stickland. Pickett then talks to him like a child, repeatedly. Stickland tries to defend himself and the folks that stayed around all day and night to testify on the bill.

I don't know where I fall on this, but anytime the establishment is upset, someone is doing something right.
From I've heard the implication is that Sticklands office did phone polls and registered those who responded favorably as witnesses in favor of the bill. This created a very long list of witnesses who were nowhere to be found because they weren't even in Austin.
Then my question is why didn't Pickett call him out on the spot. Would have been simple enough for him to ask "Rep. Strikelawn ( :smilelol5: ) did your office make calls today and ask people to sign as testifying "for" this bill."

Be transparent. If we can't do this in Texas there isn't a hope in the world for DC.
For what it's worth, there isn't a hope in the world for DC.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

steveincowtown wrote:
jmra wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:I heard about this and still don't get it.

Pickett rudely pulled Stickland into a gotcha moment that had zero to do with Stickland. Pickett then talks to him like a child, repeatedly. Stickland tries to defend himself and the folks that stayed around all day and night to testify on the bill.

I don't know where I fall on this, but anytime the establishment is upset, someone is doing something right.
From I've heard the implication is that Sticklands office did phone polls and registered those who responded favorably as witnesses in favor of the bill. This created a very long list of witnesses who were nowhere to be found because they weren't even in Austin.
Then my question is why didn't Pickett call him out on the spot. Would have been simple enough for him to ask "Rep. Strikelawn ( :smilelol5: ) did your office make calls today and ask people to sign as testifying "for" this bill."

Be transparent. If we can't do this in Texas there isn't a hope in the world for DC.
Because Stickland would most likely pitched a fit and refused to answer. Perhaps Stickland would have stood at the podium repeating "Parliamentary Inquiry." :smilelol5: :smash: :rolll
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

O.F.Fascist

Post by O.F.Fascist »

Stickland may not know how to best play the game but I'm glad he is in the Legislature instead of just another Straus crony.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

O.F.Fascist wrote:Stickland may not know how to best play the game but I'm glad he is in the Legislature instead of just another Straus crony.

There's a happy medium between being Straus crony and Strickland.

Strickland has renderred himself impotent in the legislature.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”