Link to Today's TX Senate Hearing On SB11 and SB 17 (2-12)

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

birdman253
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Link to Today's TX Senate Hearing On SB11 and SB 17 (2-1

Post by birdman253 »

mojo84 wrote:You should be able to access the archive video here once they load is. It doesn't appear to be available yet. http://www.senate.state.tx.us/avarchive/?yr=2015&mo=02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Acevedo's testimony was about as irrational and lacking in logic as any I heard from any of the nutjobs yesterday.

I think a good sign for us is Texas Tech's chancellor. It appeared he almost conceded campus carry would become law and he was there to tried to influence some aspects of it. He also acknowledged there are already guns on campuses.

Link is now live, and video is available. :thewave

TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TomV »

The Annoyed Man wrote:. I have NEVER met a conservative or libertarian who thought that women should just lie back and take it, and then learn how to cope with the psychological impact of that afterward. That is just plain evil thinking.
Wasn't it a statement along those lines that cost Clayton Williams the governors office back in the 80's?
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mojo84
Posts in topic: 30

Post by mojo84 »

healthinsp wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:. I have NEVER met a conservative or libertarian who thought that women should just lie back and take it, and then learn how to cope with the psychological impact of that afterward. That is just plain evil thinking.
Wasn't it a statement along those lines that cost Clayton Williams the governors office back in the 80's?
Yes and we ended up with Governor Ann Richards because of it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If someone does listen to Acevedo's testimony, please post the point on the timeline where he begins to testify, and if possible, where he make the outrageous statement about rape. An article and Facebook post needs to go out with his exact testimony.

Thanks,
Chas.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If someone does listen to Acevedo's testimony, please post the point on the timeline where he begins to testify, and if possible, where he make the outrageous statement about rape. An article and Facebook post needs to go out with his exact testimony.

Thanks,
Chas.
Testimony starts at 2:45:10
Insane rape talk starts at 2:49:50 and really gets going at 2:50:50

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RogueUSMC »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If someone does listen to Acevedo's testimony, please post the point on the timeline where he begins to testify, and if possible, where he make the outrageous statement about rape. An article and Facebook post needs to go out with his exact testimony.

Thanks,
Chas.
Make this guy famous...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

ELB
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ELB »

A large crowd of women vigorously protesting his remarks outside Austin PD HQ or wherever he has his office would make a good news segment video.
USAF 1982-2005

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

RogueUSMC wrote:

Thanks,
Chas.
Make this guy famous...
FOX in Austin already did...
acevedo lunatic2.jpg

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TVGuy wrote:

Thanks,
Chas.
Testimony starts at 2:45:10
Insane rape talk starts at 2:49:50 and really gets going at 2:50:50
That was fast!

Thanks,
Chas.

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RHenriksen »

Even better would be to capture the snippets of video with his quotes, so we can post those sound bite videos.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScooterSissy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:Both bills passed committee, both by a 7-2 vote.
Didn't SB11 pass with an amendment from Zefferini?

And Chief Acevido was a real piece of work. He told so many lies it got hard to pick out the truths from what he said. Maybe there were none?
I got a little lost on the amendments. I think the one amendment was a requirement that the weapons on campus be concealed (but I may be mistaken on that). There was discussion that a number of other amendments would be debated on the floor.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

RHenriksen wrote:Even better would be to capture the snippets of video with his quotes, so we can post those sound bite videos.
It was a Huffman amendment that all agreed on - if SB 11 and SB 17 pass, SB 17 amended to make campuses exempt from OC -only CC to be allowed if both are passed.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RogueUSMC wrote:

Thanks,
Chas.
Make this guy famous...
Infamous ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

ScooterSissy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:Both bills passed committee, both by a 7-2 vote.
Didn't SB11 pass with an amendment from Zefferini?

And Chief Acevido was a real piece of work. He told so many lies it got hard to pick out the truths from what he said. Maybe there were none?
I got a little lost on the amendments. I think the one amendment was a requirement that the weapons on campus be concealed (but I may be mistaken on that). There was discussion that a number of other amendments would be debated on the floor.
The amendment was Huffman No. 1 and you are correct; it would prohibit open-carry on campus. Like it or not, and I do, if open-carry were not prohibited on campus, then campus-carry would never pass. There was discussion about a similar amendment for SB17, but that was not done. It would not be necessary because of Huffman No. 1.

Chas.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 7

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Thanks,
Chas.
Austin talk radio yesterday evening and this morning was burning up with negative reactions to Acevedo's rape remarks.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”