Campus Carry -- Where Are We Now?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Thomas Hagemeier
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Campus Carry -- Where Are We Now?

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

The anti gun crowd can't stop anything at this point. They're greatly outnumbered in emails, faxes and calls from those who believe in the constitution and don't drink the sheep kool aid.

What I fear now is clerical error sabotage and certain representatives paid off by bloomberg to stall for time with amendments, procedural gimmicks and other legislative tactics.
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I agree with you, but I'd really like to know for sure either way. I'm sick of this weird in-the-know crap...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Bladed
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Bladed »

Xikar wrote:The anti gun crowd can't stop anything at this point. They're greatly outnumbered in emails, faxes and calls from those who believe in the constitution and don't drink the sheep kool aid.

What I fear now is clerical error sabotage and certain representatives paid off by bloomberg to stall for time with amendments, procedural gimmicks and other legislative tactics.
Nobody is being paid off. Campus carry has enough opponents who will gladly and freely throw up procedural challenges, without the need for anyone to risk an ethics violation.

Thomas Hagemeier

Bladed wrote: Nobody is being paid off. Campus carry has enough opponents who will gladly and freely throw up procedural challenges, without the need for anyone to risk an ethics violation.

Don't be so naive. Corruption is alive and well in government. It happens. It's hard to prove if somebody brings up formal charges especially if it's some politicians acting in the best interest of the liberal media who will not cover it.

Benghazi?
And Keyboard Rambo

Bladed
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Bladed »

Xikar wrote:
Bladed wrote: Nobody is being paid off. Campus carry has enough opponents who will gladly and freely throw up procedural challenges, without the need for anyone to risk an ethics violation.

Don't be so naive. Corruption is alive and well in government. It happens. It's hard to prove if somebody brings up formal charges especially if it's some politicians acting in the best interest of the liberal media who will not cover it.

Benghazi?
Corruption isn't nearly as prevalent as are baseless conspiracy theories about corruption. In this scenario, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by offering to pay off a legislator. Numerous legislators, including Trey Martinez Fischer--the master of points of order--are against this bill and will do everything in their power to stop it. What would Bloomberg gain by bribing someone (at the risk of a felony conviction and prison time for both the briber and the bribee) to do the exact same thing?

Thomas Hagemeier

Bladed wrote:
Corruption isn't nearly as prevalent as are baseless conspiracy theories about corruption.
That's conjecture.

In this scenario, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by offering to pay off a legislator.
Furthering his agenda.

What would Bloomberg gain by bribing someone
Furthering his agenda.

(at the risk of a felony conviction

"I am not a crook."

"I didn't have sex with that woman."

"It wasn't a terrorist action, but an out of control protest due to a youtube video."
And Keyboard Rambo

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Xikar wrote:
Bladed wrote:
Corruption isn't nearly as prevalent as are baseless conspiracy theories about corruption.
That's conjecture.

In this scenario, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by offering to pay off a legislator.
Furthering his agenda.

What would Bloomberg gain by bribing someone
Furthering his agenda.

(at the risk of a felony conviction

"I am not a crook."

"I didn't have sex with that woman."

"It wasn't a terrorist action, but an out of control protest due to a youtube video."
This isnt the Natuinal Inquirer. Take this stuff to OCT's Facebook page where it will sell.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Bladed wrote:
Xikar wrote:

Benghazi?
Corruption isn't nearly as prevalent as are baseless conspiracy theories about corruption. In this scenario, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by offering to pay off a legislator. Numerous legislators, including Trey Martinez Fischer--the master of points of order--are against this bill and will do everything in their power to stop it. What would Bloomberg gain by bribing someone (at the risk of a felony conviction and prison time for both the briber and the bribee) to do the exact same thing?
Right.

Chas.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

I'm just an uneducated (regarding the Texas Legislative process) observer, but to me things are looking hopeful. The worry about the house having to vote again on HB910 and the concern about Straus' commitment to bring up Campus Carry in the House are real concerns, but not big ones to me so far. Here's some excerpts from the CBS affiliate in Dallas —

The Senate passed House Bill 910 Friday night, a major step toward allowing the licensed open carry of handguns. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has pledged to sign the bill into law, which still needs a final vote in the House.

Before the open carry debate, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the Senate, said House leaders also promised to pass a bill allowing concealed handguns in college classrooms. A spokesman for House Speaker Joe Straus confirmed the campus carry bill will get a vote before the session ends June 1.

I realize I know less than most on these forums, but I find these sort of articles from a somewhat mainstream source reassuring.

The article is at: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/05/23/texa ... -approval/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I just hope Straus follows through with his promise on Campus Carry. Only a few hits left to get it on the calendar I think...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 45

Post by NotRPB »

Calendars cmte mtg just announced.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

NotRPB wrote:Calendars cmte mtg just announced.
Thanks for the head up. I guess it will be a couple of days before we know what bills they choose to place on the calendars. They still haven't published the minutes for yesterday's Calendars Committee meeting. Maybe tomorrow. :totap:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Thomas Hagemeier

This isnt the Natuinal Inquirer. Take this stuff to OCT's Facebook page where it will sell.

Chas.
I'm not affiliated with OCT, I'm just exercising my first amendment rights, and you have a right to disbelieve all the evidence pouring in about Benghazi if YOU choose.
And Keyboard Rambo

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by v7a »

Xikar wrote:I'm not affiliated with OCT, I'm just exercising my first amendment rights
This will probably come as a shock to you, but this forum is not operated by the government. Thus your 1st Amendment rights are irrelevant here.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Xikar wrote:

Chas.
I'm not affiliated with OCT, I'm just exercising my first amendment rights, and you have a right to disbelieve all the evidence pouring in about Benghazi if YOU choose.
OCT is Open Carry Texas. Chas is the owner of the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”