HB 910 (OC) Committee debate - Now

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Re: HB 910 (OC) Committee debate - Now

Post by v7a »

I noticed that Mr. Martinez during his testimony forgot to mention that his home state of California has a higher gun homicide rate than Texas.

Looks like he was in Florida earlier this month opposing Campus Carry there as well.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

suthdj wrote:are they back the link does not work now?
New link: http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=1087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All live/upcoming live sessions, FYI.... http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

Btw, for those who are not aware, the Committee will not be voting on the bills today. However, that's not unique to these bills. During the Committee's first meeting a few weeks ago the Committee Chairman stated that it's his policy to not vote on a bill the same day it's heard and instead vote at the next meeting.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 6

Post by treadlightly »

I didn't get his name, but the current guy talking about how he fired three rounds at a fleeing cell phone thief isn't helping the cause.
If I got punched in the face, I'd certainly be disappointed in my attacker's sire and dam and their parenting skills, but there's nothing there to start shooting over.

And if the guy ran off - problem solved, conflict resolved, why would anyone in his right head risk bystanders for a cell phone?

joe817
Posts in topic: 14

Post by joe817 »

The witnesses testifying are testifying on subjects not related at all to HB910 or HB937(campus carry). One guy was talking about unlicensed OC, and went on for 5 minutes. Same ole OCTC garbage: "if you don't pass UOC, we will sue. :grumble
Last edited by joe817 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by TVGuy »

v7a wrote:I noticed that Mr. Martinez during his testimony forgot to mention that his home state of California has a higher gun homicide rate than Texas.

Looks like he was in Florida earlier this month opposing Campus Carry there as well.
They should not allow people that are not residents of TX to testify. It was like the VA Tech guy in the Senate Committee.

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by TVGuy »

I sure am getting tired of all the UOC people testifying. Just a waste of time, has no chance of passing.

Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texsquatch »

TVGuy wrote:Francis Shankin (sp.?) - Lots of crap - Women, Minorities, Young People, Rural Citizens don't have CHLs
:headscratch I guess my wife doesn't exist? She meets each of these qualifiers. Hmm, not sure who's dumber... Me for marrying an imaginary person, or this Frances person for her statement.

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Wait .....what ??

Campus carry OR cancer research?? That's QUITE a stretch there....glad they're questioning her on this. (shaking my head)
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

joe817
Posts in topic: 14

Post by joe817 »

timtheteacher wrote:She is back pedaling faster than a circus clown.... She stretched that further than a 600 pound woman in a girdle
Committee members are destroying her argument. I mean tearing it up. BTW, she's with that MAG's group, I think.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

Many of the most ridiculous pro-gun people in this hearing also testified in front of the Senate Committee. The fact that they're hurting the cause is obviously not enough to counter-act their huge egos and love of hearing themselves talk.

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScooterSissy »

Other than them wanting it to be so, what makes a classroom "sacred", and how does a gun make it less so?

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”