HB 353 Question

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

HB 353 Question

Post by RoyGBiv »

Trying to understand the logic behind HB 353 limiting itself to counties with a population less than 50,000?
***Purely selfish reasons for asking, since I live in Tarrant County (Fort Worth) but otherwise fit the quoted language below..
and other individuals who, as a volunteer, provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations.
Example:
There is a large scale disaster (train derailment) and we stage on-site operations (triage, S&R, etc.) out of a nearby school.

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB 353 Question

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RoyGBiv wrote:Trying to understand the logic behind HB 353 limiting itself to counties with a population less than 50,000?
***Purely selfish reasons for asking, since I live in Tarrant County (Fort Worth) but otherwise fit the quoted language below..
and other individuals who, as a volunteer, provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations.
Example:
There is a large scale disaster (train derailment) and we stage on-site operations (triage, S&R, etc.) out of a nearby school.

Thanks!
This bill was filed in 2013 and it went nowhere. By applying it only to tiny counties, they are making it a "local" bill meaning it's much easier to pass. It would likely go on the "Local and Uncontested Calendar" if it gets out of committee.

I agree that the county limitation should be removed, the exemption from off-limits areas should be removed, then the Bill should pass. I don't mean it will pass, I mean I think it's a good bill.

Chas.

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB 353 Question

Post by RoyGBiv »

I agree it's a good bill. Hopefully it can pass without the small county language.

Thanks for the insight Charles.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”