Testing the waters, looking for participants.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 13

Testing the waters, looking for participants.

Post by G.A. Heath »

I am thinking about doing a google hangout or phone session for the Gun Rights In Texas Podcast. This this round table will be paneled by those who are not insiders, instead I want to give the forum members here the chance to be the voice. This forum, it's members, and staff have been some of the greatest resources for Texans who own/carry firearms so I feel it's time to let you guys discuss the issues in video or on the phone. I will decide if I do this or not based on the response of those interested in this thread.

While the podcast is Gun Rights In Texas I know that there are listeners in other states, and even foreign countries. Listeners include gun rights advocates, those who demand gun control, ordinary gun owners, and so on. I would also like to add that those who participate would be guests on the same podcast that has had guests such as Philip Van Cleave (VCDL), Eddie Zaicek (Oklahoma Open Carry Association), a number of leaders in the Texas Open Carry movement, Alice Tripp, Charles Cotton, as well as Massad Ayoob. All of those guests have been on under the old name, with our own Charles Cotton having been a guest since it was re-branded and before that as well.

Should someone choose to participate they can identify as their username here or by their actual name, however they wish. The topic will be anything in this legislative session relating to gun rights. Here's a chance to get your voice heard, literally. My idea is to get three or four participants from this forum so we can get a good thirty to sixty minute discussion on the issues that are important to you. We can do this with Google Hangouts, by phone, or both. So who is interested?

--EDIT: EPISODE RELEASED-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the episode at http://GunRightsInTexas.com/045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by G.A. Heath on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Testing the waters, looking for participants.

Post by tomtexan »

Great idea. :thumbs2:

I'm definitely interested in listening to it.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Wish I had better speaking skillls. But nice idea.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

tomtexan wrote:Great idea. :thumbs2:

I'm definitely interested in listening to it.
Listen? Why not get involved? It's a one time round table to show where the interest is, if you want to do it more often we can arrange that too.
suthdj wrote:Wish I had better speaking skillls. But nice idea.
You can't do any worse than me! Basically think of it as nothing more than this is what I think and why I think it on this issue...
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

I am interested in participating, but I am not very well versed on the legislative work, only my gun rights and the current laws pertaining there to.

If you want to discuss, PM me
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

I am in. I have the tools needed to be in the show ;)
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This sounds like a great idea. I hope a lot of folks participate.

Chas.

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Teamless wrote:I am interested in participating, but I am not very well versed on the legislative work, only my gun rights and the current laws pertaining there to.

If you want to discuss, PM me
PM Sent.
Beiruty wrote:I am in. I have the tools needed to be in the show ;)
Sounds good. I always enjoy seeing your perspective.
Charles L. Cotton wrote:This sounds like a great idea. I hope a lot of folks participate.

Chas.
Thanks Charles. For this one I think I will limit it to 5 participants including myself so as to keep things more manageable, if it works out as well as I think it will I am more than open to doing these on a more frequent basis. Once we have the participants worked out they can decide if we will make the discussion live and take phone calls during the round table, for that I do have a service that will allow me to provide a 1-866 number.

For those interested in participating I will share my free time schedule with you below:

For this week I have Thursday after 5:00pm available and All day Saturday. For next week I have all day after 1:00pm on Monday (Depending on if my appointment with the auto-body shop doesn't change), After 5:00pm on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as all day on Friday.

Thanks for the consideration and I look forward to participating.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I suggest making a short test session to check out the Google Hangout audio/video gear, then we can go live.

Thursday would work for me.
Beiruty,

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Beiruty wrote:I suggest making a short test session to check out the Google Hangout audio/video gear, then we can go live.

Thursday would work for me.
I am hoping to do a test with each participant in the interest of making sure everything works correctly.

XinTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by XinTX »

I'll play. Not sure what I can add as I'm a neophyte WRT all the legislative ins and outs. But it would be nice to learn some of the "inside baseball" so I'm not quite as uninformed as I am in such details.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

I would be happy to be a part of this
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

If Teamless, Beiruty, XinTX, and Canvasbck are down with it lets get the time and date locked in. I know Beiruty is cool for Thursday, would that be this Thursday or next? Then what time after 5:00pm?. As for getting things dialed in to work with the hangouts that should not be an issue, but I would prefer to do a test hangout with each participant. If we do it this week we will need to test pretty quick. That will leave one other issue, will we stream this live AND take calls? Since this will be the first time to try this I would prefer not to, but I will leave that to you guys.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

6:00 PM on this Thursday would work for me.
I would be using Studio Quality Headphones.
Beiruty,

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Beiruty wrote:6:00 PM on this Thursday would work for me.
I would be using Studio Quality Headphones.
Would you be down for a quick test tonight to make sure your gear and mine will play nice with Google hangouts?

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”