So, where does this all go now?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuckybrown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

So, where does this all go now?

Post by chuckybrown »

My head is spinning from reading all the different threads here, and on other websites.

Charles, you're closer to this than anyone. Can you share what your instinct tells you will happen with these bills, possible timelines, etc? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but I think you've been such a large part of all
of this that perhaps you can give some perspective and share your thoughts?

Thank you.
Chuckybrown

Topic author
chuckybrown
Banned

Re: So, where does this all go now?

Post by chuckybrown »

Did I ask the wrong question?
Chuckybrown

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

No, not at all Chucky! It's just that there are so many variables that still effect all those bills swimming around the Capitol building down there, and we are still on the very front end of the legislative process, that it's really 'too soon to tell'. IMO, and that's just me talking, that things are looking good, so far, for SB11 & SB17. Those WILL go to the Senate floor for debate, or discussion, and hopefully pass. Maybe with an amendment or 2 thrown in, or perhaps as they stand now....but doubtful...again, IMO.

Nothing so far has been discussed in the House. And I have no idea when issues that are a concern to us, WILL be scheduled for House Committee Hearings. Hopefully soon.

I keep telling myself: "patience grasshopper....patience." :lol: :grumble
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Bills that pass the Senate go to the House and vice versa. If the second chamber alters the bill in any way, a committee is created to resolve the differences. Then both chambers vote on it again. If it passes both chambers, it goes the Governor for his signature. The real concern I have is that these bills won't make it through the House because of Strauss.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was trying to learn.

Peace.
Chuckybrown

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

As the saying goes, "live and learn".

We need to watch the progress of these bills, observe the legislative maneuvers that are applied to them and come to the appropriate conclusions when all is said and done.

If (as to be expected) they die on the vine in legislative purgatory, those folks that we have who understand these processes can help us to identify those responsible and hold them accountable, publicly, in primaries, the general election and in the Redpublican Party of Texas.

We should not accept some legislative "sleight of hand" as an excuse for a bill we want and support getting stranded and being allowed to die "for this session". Actions (or inactions) cause results and results should have consequences, either positive or negative.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”