League of Women Voters - Against

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 37

Re: HB 910 (OC) Committee debate - Now

Post by TVGuy »

Holcomb (TX Carry) - For
Missed Name - For
CJ Grisham - For - Asked for holster type requirement to be gone. Being asked about currently going to school. Says, "I currently open carry an empty holster and magazines to class every day". (Could have been worse)

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoffeeNut »

The former felon pushing for no restrictions on open carry or gun ownership was a little terrifying.

Grisham changed his tune quite a bit. Now he's using how great CHL holders reputations are in order to get licensed open carry. He also seemed to support allowing individual schools deciding campus carry rules.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Francis Shankin (sp.?) - Against 910 and 937- Lots of crap - Women, Minorities, Young People, Rural Citizens don't have CHLs, but recip. states w/ lesser requirements will be OK

William Brown - Owner of Republic of TX TV and former inmate - For 910- This guy is acting nuts. Talking about inmates bragging about violent crimes in prison. Screaming at panel.

Christopher Martin - Member of OCT - Student @ Sam Houston - CHL - For. Talking facts about CHL less likely to commit crimes. Doesn't feel safe on campus.

Alexandra Chasse - Mom of 2 and gun owner - Volunteer for MAGV - Against - "Doen't have any evidence that OC prevents crime, but do have such that it causes a state of fear and alarm in community...antics of "gun extremists" Talking about some incident at college in MI and HS in Madison, Wisconsin. More mom crap.

Prison Guy screaming at MAGV all the way out the room w/ GDs thrown in.

orionsgunbelt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by orionsgunbelt »

Thanks for posting the link.

I just started viewing and this guy speaking 'for' open carry is walking off hollering and cursing at the woman who spoke (calmly and intelligently) 'against' the bill. Nice job, dude. You look like a maniac. Good lord. Not helping. This made me cringe...

joelamosobadiah
Posts in topic: 7

Post by joelamosobadiah »

TVGuy wrote:
This was completely reprehensible. I had just turned it on and was shocked to see such a display.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Julie Gaverns UTD professor - Against 937 - was once held at gunpoint. Gun would not have helped.

Missed Name - On 910, for 937 - Mentions Acevedo's "Disturbing testimony on SB 11". Wants UOC. Complaining about 51% signs.

Rachel Mullen? - TX Firearms Freedom - on 910 and for 937- Used to be afraid of guns, but not now. It was an irrational fear. Wants UOC. Asks to amend 910 to allow UOC. "Firearms empower women"

Chuck Hempstead - Ex Dir of TX Assn of College Teachers - Against 937 - Teacher and has daughters. Citing CT problem w/ CHL carrying on CT campus and lockdown.

BTW - Doing the best I can, but feed cuts in and out.

joelamosobadiah
Posts in topic: 7

Post by joelamosobadiah »

TVGuy wrote:Julie Gaverns UTD professor - Against 937 - was once held at gunpoint. Gun would not have helped.

Missed Name - On 910, for 937 - Mentions Acevedo's "Disturbing testimony on SB 11". Wants UOC. Complaining about 51% signs.

Rachel Mullen? - TX Firearms Freedom - on 910 and for 937- Used to be afraid of guns, but not now. It was an irrational fear. Wants UOC. Asks to amend 910 to allow UOC. "Firearms empower women"

Chuck Hempstead - Ex Dir of TX Assn of College Teachers - Against 937 - Teacher and has daughters. Citing CT problem w/ CHL carrying on CT campus and lockdown.

BTW - Doing the best I can, but feed cuts in and out.
Whatever you can get especially when we get to the more important (ie. voting) sections is appreciated. My internet is such the feed was unwatchable for me

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Committee poking holes in Gavern's testimony.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoffeeNut »

Oooo wee that was almost blaming the victim and the woman testifying jumped on it. Some of this is rather entertaining although a lot of the antis have their speeches down far better than those for.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

orionsgunbelt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by orionsgunbelt »

joelamosobadiah wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
This was completely reprehensible. I had just turned it on and was shocked to see such a display.

Exactly. Whoever the guy is fourth from the right who is slouched in his chair and staring at his phone periodically (clearing displaying he cannot be convinced, doesn't even appear to be listening, and frankly, is being rude in his body language. Sit up, sir, we're paying you to be here) just asked a woman speaking 'for' the bill how she would feel sitting next to this guy. I was yelling at the the screen to answer for her. She didn't have a good one.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Laurie Ann - No Org mentioned - For both - "Shall not be infringed" - A bit combative to start. Calling panel incompetent. "I am one of those students that Acevedo was talking about, I didn't get counseling. I was denied my rights to defend myself when I was younger" "Your fear and panic are not my problem" Prison Guy "May not have had good manners, but he's right" Wants UOC in case you didn't get that.

Don McKinney - Asst Chief Houston PD - Against - 74% of Chiefs oppose OC. Has been incredible increase in MWAG calls for long guns. Questions about 2A - "well regulated" Vs. "Shall". Our cops aren't trained to deal with this. Wants more training, retention, self defense training.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Getting busy now, will listen and update any good points, not all.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”