Next up?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
e-bil
Posts in topic: 2

Next up?

Post by e-bil »

So now that OC is all but done, is it looking like anything else is going to get done legislatively for firearms this session?

TexasCajun

Re: Next up?

Post by TexasCajun »

Campus carry would be considered on-deck.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
e-bil

Post by e-bil »

Two holy grails in one session? :hurry:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Removal of of limits places.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

mojo84 wrote:Removal of of limits places.
I don't think we will see any movement of HB 308. Which is sad.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

mojo84 wrote:Removal of of limits places.
That would be my preference. But I'm very skeptical about HB308 moving anywhere in time to be actionable.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Really got my fingers crossed for campus carry, I hope it has a chance allthough I'm skeptical. Big players with big pockets.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I would have much rather seen the removal of more off limit places and or campus carry instead of licensed or unlicensed OC. They only reason I would favor OC is if it would shut the nuts up, but since it will be licensed OC that is passed we'll continue to hear from them. Too bad.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Is OC all that passed or was campus carry included in the bill?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

CJD

Post by CJD »

nightmare69 wrote:Is OC all that passed or was campus carry included in the bill?
OC only.

Bladed
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bladed »

surferdaddy wrote:Really got my fingers crossed for campus carry, I hope it has a chance allthough I'm skeptical. Big players with big pockets.
Campus carry is up against one of the most powerful lobbies in Texas--higher education. And now Bloomberg is pouring money into Texas, trying to prevent campus carry from passing.

Students for Concealed Carry struck back against Bloomberg today, but it's like David going up against Goliath without the benefit of divine intervention:

[youtube][/youtube]

matefrio

Post by matefrio »

Senate has been busy. Really any engrossed bills have a good chance this session. Here are a few highlights.

SB 473 was engrossed today. NFA cleanup so folks aren't at risk of getting arrested for Federally licensed items.

SB 179 is engrossed knocking down the caliber requirements on the CHL course to .22lr

SB 273 is engrossed keeping .gov agencies from posting confusing 30.06 signs.

It'd be nice to have the Gov. call a special session with all the gun bills. A full day or two watching the (D)s squirm as pro gun legislation is railroaded by would be awesome.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

matefrio wrote:Senate has been busy. Really any engrossed bills have a good chance this session. Here are a few highlights.

SB 473 was engrossed today. NFA cleanup so folks aren't at risk of getting arrested for Federally licensed items.

SB 179 is engrossed knocking down the caliber requirements on the CHL course to .22lr

It'd be nice to have the Gov. call a special session with all the gun bills. A full day or two watching the (D)s squirm as pro gun legislation is railroaded by would be awesome.
So SB 273 means no more 30.06 signs at zoos or parks that are city/county owned but still allowed in city halls that have a municipal court?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

If I had my wish it would be to prevent incorrect posting of 30.06 by government agencies, any party leasing space from a government owned building, or any non-government business or civilian group acting as an agent of a government arency, managing a government facility, or performing any function which by which citizens would be denied the right to licensed carry in non restricted goverment buildings.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jason812 wrote:
matefrio wrote:Senate has been busy. Really any engrossed bills have a good chance this session. Here are a few highlights.

So SB 273 means no more 30.06 signs at zoos or parks that are city/county owned but still allowed in city halls that have a municipal court?
It will if a city owned park or zoo is considered a state agency or political subdivision. Otherwise, I'm not sure. That is the intent, but I'm a bit fuzzy on whether or not it would achieve this.

Code: Select all

Sec. 411.209.  WRONGFUL EXCLUSION OF CONCEALED HANDGUN
 	LICENSE HOLDER.  (a)  A state agency or a political subdivision of
 	the state may not provide notice by a communication described by
 	Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to
 	that law or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder
 	carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is
 	prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place
 	owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders
 	are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other
 	place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”