watching today's session

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

watching today's session

Post by SewTexas »

on the church security bill.....

honestly they have EACH AND EVERY ONE forgotten New Life and Every Other church shooting!!!! They don't understand the purpose of church security! They are literally sitting there saying "why"?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

joelamosobadiah
Posts in topic: 3

Re: watching today's session

Post by joelamosobadiah »

Is this on the House floor or committee? This is something very important to me that I've been lax on following this session.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

committee
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm actually very proud of myself....I haven't thrown my computer across the room yet
~Tracy

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

SewTexas wrote:I'm actually very proud of myself....I haven't thrown my computer across the room yet
:lol: Well the day's just started. Give it time. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up Sew! I didn't realize that several gun related bills were going to be discussed in Homeland Security committee meeting this morning.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

joelamosobadiah

"Locksmith's have nothing to do with this..." "rlol" :thumbs2:

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

everything was first reading

2298 - was read, discussed that it made sense, left pending

2445 - offense of displaying firearm in a public place, because of OC this wording is a problem. The bill is to eliminate the wording, but they want to either rewrite it or wait and see what is going to happen.

1561 - church security teams - much debate ensued - I will say that it is a broad bill. I don't know? (says the one who would like to own a tank :evil2: )
~Tracy

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

joelamosobadiah wrote:"Locksmith's have nothing to do with this..." "rlol" :thumbs2:

I know!!! the dude was practically in tears, too! :roll:
~Tracy

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

SewTexas wrote:everything was first reading

2445 - offense of displaying firearm in a public place, because of OC this wording is a problem. The bill is to eliminate the wording, but they want to either rewrite it or wait and see what is going to happen.

1561 - church security teams - much debate ensued - I will say that it is a broad bill. I don't know? (says the one who would like to own a tank :evil2: )
I've been on the phone all morning. Was HB1561 completed before they recessed to go to the Floor?

Chas.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

No, it was left pending like all the other bills heard. The committee chair was rushing through the meeting with all haste.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

joelamosobadiah

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

I've been on the phone all morning. Was HB1561 completed before they recessed to go to the Floor?

Chas.
If asking about the testimony, yes, it was completed and left pending. Comments seemed very much in support, but the Chair did comment that it seemed to be a very broad bill that may need some work. Something along those lines.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
If asking about the testimony, yes, it was completed and left pending. Comments seemed very much in support, but the Chair did comment that it seemed to be a very broad bill that may need some work. Something along those lines.
yes, I couldn't figure out what they were thinking about the broadness of the bill. I don't have a problem with it, but they seemed to.
~Tracy

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”