Did OCT/OCTC do as they planned

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Did OCT/OCTC do as they planned

Post by RPBrown »

This is so I dont hijack another thread

Well we all know that HB 910 passed with the amendment to keep LEO from asking for license for OC only. It may even get through the Senate with this amendment.

We also know that these organizations have said all along that its going to be constitutional carry or nothing so to speak

So, with OCT/OCTC token Representative, Stickman running his mouth about thats what he intended to do (even though he had nothing to do with it) did he effectively kill HB 910?

By this I mean did he rub enough Senators the wrong way in his antics about constitutional carry, that now they think this has effectively made this a constitutional carry bill and kill it?

I hope they are smart enough to see through his rhetoric but I have seen stranger things happen.

Your thoughts?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Did OCT/OCTC do as they planned

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

HB910 will pass, but I don't know about the Dutton/Rinaldi Amendment. OCT and Stickland have damaged their reputations even further by suggesting the Amendment means people should violate Texas law. This sure brings the issue of Grisham in Oklahoma back into focus.

Chas.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

I don't understand how OCT and Stickland can claim this odd victory in regards to the Dutton Amendment.

A cop can't pull you over to simply verify you have a driver license without other reason, that doesn't mean you can drive without a license. If you're caught doing so you face severe penalties.

It's the same thing here. If you're caught carrying without a license it's no different than being caught for illegal carry w/o a license now.

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

TVGuy wrote:I don't understand how OCT and Stickland can claim this odd victory in regards to the Dutton Amendment.

A cop can't pull you over to simply verify you have a driver license without other reason, that doesn't mean you can drive without a license. If you're caught doing so you face severe penalties.

It's the same thing here. If you're caught carrying without a license it's no different than being caught for illegal carry w/o a license now.
It's all about perception at this point and time.
If Stickland keeps insinuating this is what he intended, even though he had nothing to do with it, will they listen to him or the truth?
TSRA-Life member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:HB910 will pass, but I don't know about the Dutton/Rinaldi Amendment. OCT and Stickland have damaged their reputations even further by suggesting the Amendment means people should violate Texas law. This sure brings the issue of Grisham in Oklahoma back into focus.
Chas.
I personally support the amendment. Although if it passes without it, I'm not sure that it's a big deal. The PD will stop someone, there will be an arrest, and it will get challenged on constitutional grounds which SHOULD put an end to it (at least eventually)...

I'm completely convinced that PDs that don't like open carry, like APD, will enforce policies of stop and ask, so much so that it'll border on harassment.

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

It is starting to look like my gut was right. Looks as if we are going to be shut out this session.
If so we. We need to seriously look at who we back in 2 years. TSRA also needs to look at who they support as well. Pretty obvious those A rated are not so much so.
TSRA-Life member

jmra

Post by jmra »

RPBrown wrote:It is starting to look like my gut was right. Looks as if we are going to be shut out this session.
If so we. We need to seriously look at who we back in 2 years. TSRA also needs to look at who they support as well. Pretty obvious those A rated are not so much so.
Well, OC and CC are still alive. Maybe it won't be a shut out after all.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Campus carry is dead. Open carry is hanging on, but not by much
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Ivan244

Post by Ivan244 »

RPBrown wrote:It is starting to look like my gut was right. Looks as if we are going to be shut out this session.
Agreed. However to me it is pretty clear...Joe Straus needs to go..if not as a rep at the very least as Speaker. And the two Rs that voted against the motion to suspend rules need to be dealt with as well.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Ivan244 wrote:
Agreed. However to me it is pretty clear...Joe Straus needs to go..if not as a rep at the very least as Speaker. And the two Rs that voted against the motion to suspend rules need to be dealt with as well.
Patrick should go as well and every rep that voted for Straus as speaker. It's a good ole boys club and the people don't matter.

Same as the US house. Every rep that voted for Boehner should be gone.

This would be both my Texas and US reps.

Only saving grace would be Gov. Abbott calling a special session but we've been told the odds of that happening are zero.

The republican or party has a serious identity problem.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”