Campus Carry revived, attached to open carry

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Campus Carry revived, attached to open carry

Post by mojo84 »

If the childish spat of egos doesn't get put aside, none, I'm afraid.

If they grow up fairly soon, it can be done.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bladed
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bladed »

Students for Concealed Carry made a Facebook post asking people to retweet this tweet:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not on Twitter, but I figure some of you are.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

Bladed wrote:Students for Concealed Carry made a Facebook post asking people to retweet this tweet:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not on Twitter, but I figure some of you are.
Curious what it says but I'm not on twitter or facebook. Can you please share for those of us cavemen?

Jason aka a caveman
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

safety1 wrote: Time is running out, what if any viable options remain? For OC & CC
Well, as I understand it, the Senate could still hear HB910 and HB308, if Patrick has the grit to step up to the plate. If he does, he'll be a hero to at least a million Texans. Come on, Patrick, you can do it.
-Ruark

safety1
Posts in topic: 40

Post by safety1 »

[url]#TXLege and @DanPatrick, visit http://t.co/RJx8IAuyHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to learn why Texans SUPPORT campus carry. https://t.co/zGSohFOJVd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #sb11 #campuscarry]

the second url is the video
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

safety1 wrote:[url]#TXLege and @DanPatrick, visit http://t.co/RJx8IAuyHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to learn why Texans SUPPORT campus carry. https://t.co/zGSohFOJVd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #sb11 #campuscarry]

the second url is the video
Thanks
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Tracker
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Tracker »

Tracking Texas Politics: May 13, 2015
http://kxan.com/2015/05/13/tracking-tex ... y-13-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Events:
Since time is running short, an author of a controversial gun bill says Texas lawmakers are going to try and combine both “open carry” (CHL holders can holster in public) and “campus carry” (allows firearms in college classrooms) into one omnibus gun bill by Rep. Larry Phillips, R-Sherman (HB 910). At 9:30 AM a group of opponents will gather in the Capitol rotunda to draw attention and try and stop the 2nd amendment bills. The Senate has passed both “open carry” and “campus carry”. The House has passed “open carry”. This week committees will likely take up the other chamber’s bills to move the process along."

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Tracker wrote:Tracking Texas Politics: May 13, 2015
http://kxan.com/2015/05/13/tracking-tex ... y-13-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Events:
Since time is running short, an author of a controversial gun bill says Texas lawmakers are going to try and combine both “open carry” (CHL holders can holster in public) and “campus carry” (allows firearms in college classrooms) into one omnibus gun bill by Rep. Larry Phillips, R-Sherman (HB 910). At 9:30 AM a group of opponents will gather in the Capitol rotunda to draw attention and try and stop the 2nd amendment bills. The Senate has passed both “open carry” and “campus carry”. The House has passed “open carry”. This week committees will likely take up the other chamber’s bills to move the process along."
Very interesting. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.
-Ruark

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Ruark wrote:
"Events:
Very interesting. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.
Or it might be another freight train coming straight at us. :???:

Notice that the journalist didn't name the "author of a controversial gun bill", but he named every other source in the article. Hmmmm....I wonder why? If the 'unnamed source' is the legislator who was ejected from a committee meeting, then I don't put much faith in what the journalist wrote. NOT because of what the journalist wrote, but because of what his 'unnamed source' said. IE: don't believe everything you read in the newspaper, but take it with a grain of salt. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

Ruark wrote:
safety1 wrote: Time is running out, what if any viable options remain? For OC & CC
Well, as I understand it, the Senate could still hear HB910 and HB308, if Patrick has the grit to step up to the plate. If he does, he'll be a hero to at least a million Texans. Come on, Patrick, you can do it.
The Senate can still hear HB 910 because it has already passed out of the House. HB 308 has not passed out of the House and is, therefore, dead.

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott Farkus »

"Events:
This would be so sweet if true. Even though the vehicle would be a House bill, Patrick could claim all the credit for blocking the logjam and finding a way to get campus carry to the House floor. Do it!

I posted on another thread that Dutton was on the floor of the House yesterday raising a lot of parliamentary inquiries about germaneness rulings on House bills that were returned amended from the Senate. That was an issue in our earlier discussion of this strategy (i.e. is campus carry germane to open carry - House parliamentarian previously ruled it was). I'm not sure if Dutton knew something was up and was laying out a plan to block this or what. I just found it interesting that he was asking those questions.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Scott Farkus wrote:
"Events:
This would be so sweet if true. Even though the vehicle would be a House bill, Patrick could claim all the credit for blocking the logjam and finding a way to get campus carry to the House floor. Do it!

I posted on another thread that Dutton was on the floor of the House yesterday raising a lot of parliamentary inquiries about germaneness rulings on House bills that were returned amended from the Senate. That was an issue in our earlier discussion of this strategy (i.e. is campus carry germane to open carry - House parliamentarian previously ruled it was). I'm not sure if Dutton knew something was up and was laying out a plan to block this or what. I just found it interesting that he was asking those questions.
Let's hope that was the case!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

safety1

Post by safety1 »

I posted on another thread that Dutton was on the floor of the House yesterday raising a lot of parliamentary inquiries about germaneness rulings on House bills that were returned amended from the Senate. That was an issue in our earlier discussion of this strategy (i.e. is campus carry germane to open carry - House parliamentarian previously ruled it was). I'm not sure if Dutton knew something was up and was laying out a plan to block this or what. I just found it interesting that he was asking those questions.[/quote]

Let's hope that was the case![/quote]

I missed this.....What were the answers to his questions? Is there a way for them to block it...if it happens.
NRA - Life Member

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott Farkus »

The acting Speaker (wasn't Strauss) referred Dutton to have a side discussion with the Parliamentarian. The video feed doesn't cover those.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Scott Farkus wrote:The acting Speaker (wasn't Strauss) referred Dutton to have a side discussion with the Parliamentarian. The video feed doesn't cover those.
Thanks!
NRA - Life Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”