Campus Carry revived, attached to open carry

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mr1337
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Campus Carry revived, attached to open carry

Post by mr1337 »

C-dub wrote:Looks like they're working late tonight.
Good. :smash:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

thechl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thechl »

Perhaps Abbott visiting the legislature today was more than just a social call!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 21

Post by mojo84 »

mr1337 wrote:

Not much is getting done. The progressive dems are just trying to burn the clock and clog the system so the time will run out without a certain non-gun related bill making it to a floor vote.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

safety1
Posts in topic: 40

Post by safety1 »

mojo84 wrote:
mr1337 wrote:

Not much is getting done. The progressive dems are just trying to burn the clock and clog the system so the time will run out without a certain non-gun related bill making it to a floor vote.
Don't have a clue how long it will take for HB910 and SB11 to move to the perspective floors.....but I think there is enough time.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

safety1
Posts in topic: 40

Post by safety1 »

mojo84 wrote:
safety1 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
mr1337 wrote:

Don't have a clue how long it will take for HB910 and SB11 to move to the perspective floors.....but I think there is enough time.

Those aren't the bills I'm talking about. I'm talking about HB 4105. It is not a gun related bill. There is only 57 minutes left for this bill to be heard. The dems are doing all they can to stall and run the clock.
Gotcha
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

In actuality, I'm not sure if the republicans want it to come up either.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:In actuality, I'm not sure if the republicans want it to come up either.
It is begging for a fight if they pass it. Maybe that isn't something they want to spend any political capital on passing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:In actuality, I'm not sure if the republicans want it to come up either.
It is begging for a fight if they pass it. Maybe that isn't something they want to spend any political capital on passing.
I agree.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:People who oppose HB4105 on subject matter grounds should be very careful trying to apply the equal protection clause. Doing so will open Pandora's Box.

Chas.
For the record, my own comment was neither yay or nay. I was just making a possible observation for what it was languishing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:People who oppose HB4105 on subject matter grounds should be very careful trying to apply the equal protection clause. Doing so will open Pandora's Box.

Chas.
For the record, my own comment was neither yay or nay. I was just making a possible observation for what it was languishing.
:iagree: me too

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”