I just got a phone call from my Representative ..

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

I just got a phone call from my Representative ..

Post by oohrah »

from the floor of the lege! Thank you, sir, Doc Anderson.

I had emailed him to ask support for HB 215 (no fishing license required for over 65), and thanked him for his support of OC and CC. He called to tell me he would support HB 215, and we chatted a bit about the politics holding everything up. He said it was going to be a late night.

I m now duly impressed.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I just got a phone call from my Representative ..

Post by C-dub »

That is awesome. Hope it is a productive night.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Doc Anderson is a gentleman. I'm not in his district, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

oohrah,

What's the status (if you know) of the "no cost for a fishing lic. if over 65"?

Thanks!

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Abraham wrote:oohrah,

What's the status (if you know) of the "no cost for a fishing lic. if over 65"?

Thanks!
HB 3481. On House calendar for today. 2nd Reading. (Sorry oohrah, didn't mean to hijack the quote.) :oops:
Life is good.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks K5GU.

I also wonder if the various stamps will also be no charge, i.e. redfish tag, or if the no charge applies only to the basic fishing lic.?

The stamp costs really add up.

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Abraham wrote:Thanks K5GU.

I also wonder if the various stamps will also be no charge, i.e. redfish tag, or if the no charge applies only to the basic fishing lic.?

The stamp costs really add up.
No mention of amendments relating to stamps and tags. This bill simply adds residents 65+ to the fishing license fee waiver list (disabled veterans, etc.)
Life is good.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Well, I didn't realize that there are 2 similar bills regarding waiving/exemption of fishing liscense/fees to older citizens. :shock:

HB 3481 - amends the Parks and Wildlife Code to require the Parks and Wildlife Commission to waive the resident fishing license fee for a resident who is 65 years old or over and removes the commission's authority to waive the resident fishing license requirement for such a person. The bill establishes that the Parks and Wildlife Department is not required to issue a refund for any license issued before the bill's effective date.

HB 215 - amends the Parks and Wildlife Code to include residents who are at least 65 years of age among the persons for whom the Parks and Wildlife Commission is required to waive the resident fishing license fee.

i guess I need a fishin' license, 'cause I cain't tell the difference between the 2 bills. :headscratch :smilelol5:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

No problem, K5GU.

As I read it HB215 is just waiving over 65 and disabled vets. HB3491 includes reduced fees for other classes. Both are on the House CAlendar, HB 215 got its first reading yesterday (if my googling was correct).
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”