House Floor Session Today, 13 May 2015

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Re: House Floor Session Today, 13 May 2015

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
joe817 wrote:Stickland (no r) is at it again. Re: HB 2346. Muddying the water's and getting into a floor argument with the Rep. Pickett.
Both of them acted like children. Sadly, Stickland had a reasonable objection to the Bill, at least as to its scope, but his reputation has destroyed his credibility.

Chas.

Charles, I've come to the conclusion there have been quite a few children elected to our legislature. Very disappointing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I noticed the chair just ignored Strickland for a vote from in front of the dais. If I were him and wanted my votes recorded, I would get back to my desk.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

safety1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by safety1 »

Wasn't that a touching moment, ICE CREAM!!! SERIOUSLY
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

safety1 wrote:Wasn't that a touching moment, ICE CREAM!!! SERIOUSLY

More childish antics. Fake congeniality is pathetic.

gemini
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gemini »

mojo84 wrote:I'm getting sick of bills such as these for special citizens.
HB 278 - authorizing certain attorneys representing the state to openly carry a handgun
HB 2241 - carrying of concealed handguns by certain county officers and employees in a courthouse.
:iagree: ...and one of the reasons John Corona lost his seat....

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
joe817 wrote:Stickland (no r) is at it again. Re: HB 2346. Muddying the water's and getting into a floor argument with the Rep. Pickett.
Both of them acted like children. Sadly, Stickland had a reasonable objection to the Bill, at least as to its scope, but his reputation has destroyed his credibility.

Chas.
What's funny is, I'm no fan of Strickland (though I am a fan of some of his positions), but I thought Picket sounded like a jerk in the way he was talking down to Strickland. Animosity aside, on the floor, Strickland acted much more statesmanlike.

If someone had addressed me like that "I'll explain again, but I'm sure it won't be good enough for you" from the floor, my response would be "an intelligent answer will be acceptable, as soon as I can get one".

Frankly, I hope Abbot vetoes this one. We have Texas officials to support Texas laws, we don't need private security officers hired by the feds to do so. Especially giving them seizure authority.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

gemini wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I'm getting sick of bills such as these for special citizens.
HB 278 - authorizing certain attorneys representing the state to openly carry a handgun
HB 2241 - carrying of concealed handguns by certain county officers and employees in a courthouse.
:iagree: ...and one of the reasons John Corona lost his seat....
Really? I hadn't heard this story
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”