It's Not Just Gun Bills Being Stonewalled

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

It's Not Just Gun Bills Being Stonewalled

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texa ... 260805.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: It's Not Just Gun Bills Being Stonewalled

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:banghead: I'm really having trouble understanding this session. I guess it just more of that my way or highway rhetoric.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

louisf1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by louisf1 »

This is all getting pretty depressing. I'm pretty much a conservative but, it seems that they are all the same. Simply put its a bunch politicians more concerned with their own agendas that could care less about what the people want. To be honest I'm simply fed up with all this political mess.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Washington Style Politics...... :cryin
I bet Texans will have something to say about this in the end.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

safety1 wrote:Washington Style Politics...... :cryin
The VAST majority of Texans have zero clue what is going on. I'm amazed at how many I have recently encountered that are under the impression that OC has already been passed and is just waiting on Abbot's signature.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

canvasbck wrote:
The VAST majority of Texans have zero clue what is going on. I'm amazed at how many I have recently encountered that are under the impression that OC has already been passed and is just waiting on Abbot's signature.
There's the media to thank for that. Headlines say: "Open carry passed" except what they don't tell you is that open carry has only passed one chamber or the other, and that the same bill needs to pass both chambers.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

mr1337 wrote:
canvasbck wrote:
There's the media to thank for that. Headlines say: "Open carry passed" except what they don't tell you is that open carry has only passed one chamber or the other, and that the same bill needs to pass both chambers.
All my local news networks said OC has passed. They even had interviews with local law enforcement over the subject.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

canvasbck wrote:
Canvasbck, I agree...they don't! Most only know what they have seen in the media. If the session ends and everybody is left scratching their
heads saying..."I thought it had already passed" then I think people will have something to say at the voting both next time around.
Media is now reporting that the 2 chambers moving closer to ending the grid-lock. let's hope so!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

yep i have been watching some veteran bills and they keep being pulled from comment and just sit idle
and none of the representatives are answering mail or phone messages
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

The tax relief is a big issue that is a wedge between the egos. I think the House is correct on this issue. There are three components to property taxes. Addressing one or two does no good.

http://www.texasinsider.org/bonnen-if-y ... way-to-go/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

No, we won't. Most people don't care.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Any one remember when the homestead exemption was 50%.

Real estate inflation has created a cash cow for all local governmental authorities, none of them want to lower the rate to make their windfall a modest increase every year.

And with a 10% raise or more every year, they still are almost bankrupt from the unfunded pension liabilities.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I have emailed both Lt Gov Patrick and Speaker Straus. No reply at all from Patrick and from Straus an automated reply that he only answers those emails submitted on the on-line form (which I used). Nothing else! My initial assumption is that neither of them care two hoots what we peons think! :confused5
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

AF-Odin wrote:I have emailed both Lt Gov Patrick and Speaker Straus.
Probably a waste of time. At this point in the session, both of them are probably being tsunami'ed with messages about every conceivable issue.
-Ruark

ralewis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ralewis »

Ruark wrote:
AF-Odin wrote:I have emailed both Lt Gov Patrick and Speaker Straus.
Probably a waste of time. At this point in the session, both of them are probably being tsunami'ed with messages about every conceivable issue.
I think you are spot on.

Also, though I'm frustrated as many of us here are that we're not seeing closure on legislation important to us, I'm not as pessimistic about eventual progress. My working hypothesis when it comes to politicians is the most risk to them is being perceived as 'do nothings' but they also want to be perceived as 'fighting' for their constituents. I'm hopeful that we'll see the logjam break in the next few days and hopefully have enough time left to work thru many of the issues important to their constituents. Democracy is messy business, but it's better than the alternative....

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”