HB 910 Conference Committee

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mulfjohn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB 910 Conference Committee

Post by mulfjohn »

:hurry: :biggrinjester: :patriot: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :txflag: :thewave :cheers2:
Yee haaaaaw. It finally passed. Thanks to all that had input in this cause and thanks to the legislatures that pushed it through the house and Senate. Without their dedication and will power,we wouldn't have the option to choose between oc or not. Also the changing of the 30.06 penalty is awesome. Keep up the good work.

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

mulfjohn wrote::hurry: :biggrinjester: :patriot: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :txflag: :thewave :cheers2:
Yee haaaaaw. It finally passed. Thanks to all that had input in this cause and thanks to the legislatures that pushed it through the house and Senate. Without their dedication and will power,we wouldn't have the option to choose between oc or not. Also the changing of the 30.06 penalty is awesome. Keep up the good work.
I'm more excited about the change in the penalty and the fact that on Jan 1 all existing 30.06 signs have incorrect wording than I am about open carry itself.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Finally Texas catches up with all the other reasonable states. Kudos to all in both houses who held firm with a few demerits for she who deleted the amendment, he who added it back with changed wording and those who played politics to keep law enforcement unions happy.

All done now and even with the demerits all were there at the final push and I thank them all.

louisf1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by louisf1 »

jmra wrote:
mulfjohn wrote::hurry: :biggrinjester: :patriot: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :txflag: :thewave :cheers2:
I'm more excited about the change in the penalty and the fact that on Jan 1 all existing 30.06 signs have incorrect wording than I am about open carry itself.

How do all 30:06 signs have improper wording? Was there a change to the wording?

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AJSully421 »

louisf1 wrote:
jmra wrote:

How do all 30:06 signs have improper wording? Was there a change to the wording?

Yep.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

This is the 30.06 language change:

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

AJSully421 wrote:
louisf1 wrote:
jmra wrote:

Yep.
I may be wrong but it looks like they snuck in some other areas making churches and religious facilities off limits. Also looks like amusement parks are off limits without regard to the population of the city it's located in. See page 34 and 35 of the conference report. Tell me I'm wrong.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K5GU wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
louisf1 wrote:
DanD wrote:A truly amazing past 30 minutes. Truly amazing.
What is truly amazing is that walking past a 30:06 sign unintentionally is now going to be a class C misdemeanor. :woohoo :woohoo
This is more valuable than open-carry, in my view. 850,000+ CHL benefit from this protection from accidentally entering posted property.

Chas.
Yes! Speaking of that, do you have any stats on how many accidental 30.06 violations by CHL holders there have been to date, and approximately how much it cost to mitigate those violations?
I don't know of any, but if there are convictions, they are very few in number. There's no separate category for §30.06 violations in the DPS crime stats, but the total number of convictions for unlawful carrying by a licensee is 16 in 2013.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

louisf1 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
louisf1 wrote:
jmra wrote:

Yep.
I may be wrong but it looks like they snuck in some other areas making churches and religious facilities off limits. Also looks like amusement parks are off limits without regard to the population of the city it's located in. See page 34 and 35 of the conference report. Tell me I'm wrong.
Nothing changed with amusement parks and churches. The only new language is underlined.

Chas.

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

Okay I was a bit disturbed there for a few minutes. I see the part that require 30:06 / 30:07 notification now.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
louisf1 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
louisf1 wrote:
jmra wrote:

Yep.
Nothing changed with amusement parks and churches. The only new language is underlined.

Chas.

I would have never thought something like that would have been possible anyway, but I'm certainly glad to see it "confirmed".

In my opinion, trading church carry for OC would be akin to trading a Kimber for a Hi-Point.

Thank you, Mr. Cotton.

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

doc540
Posts in topic: 3

Post by doc540 »

Deeply grateful for ALL who helped this process.

Did I miss a link to the actual law?

I'd like to read it and, somehow, become aware of any changes/highlights so I can be fully informed.

(also have a local news interview tomorrow)

Thanks again! :patriot:
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Overthehill wrote:Finally Texas catches up with all the other reasonable states. Kudos to all in both houses who held firm with a few demerits for she who deleted the amendment, he who added it back with changed wording and those who played politics to keep law enforcement unions happy.

All done now and even with the demerits all were there at the final push and I thank them all.
The Bill would not have gotten out of committee if the Dutton amendment had not been stripped out.

Chas.

doc540
Posts in topic: 3

Post by doc540 »

link to the final bill as passed?
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

doc540 wrote:link to the final bill as passed?
It's in the conference report.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”