2015 Session - What Was Sent to the Governor?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 2015 Session - What Was Sent to the Governor?

Post by CleverNickname »

locke_n_load wrote: BATFE did state that they were looking into removing CLEO signoff requirements after talking to some suppressor groups since trusts didn't need them, but then they doublecrossed us and went to get CLEO on ALL form 1s/4s.
My pet theory is that lower-level ATF bureacrats were all ready to push through the rule change to eliminate the CLEO signoff, but then higher-ups in ATF/DOJ caught wind of it and made the change. Why else would they implement an eForm system that has no provision for CLEO signatures, and in fact would be useless for all form 1's & 4's once the signoff was required for everyone? And I'm guessing that some lower-level ATF bureaucrats in the NFA Branch would like the increased budgets that would come with more form 1's & 4's being processed under looser restrictions.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ruark »

So you're saying that now you need CLEO signoff even for a trust? Ugh....
-Ruark

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by v7a »

Ruark wrote:So you're saying that now you need CLEO signoff even for a trust? Ugh....
Not yet. The rule implementation was delayed and is now set for December (may or may not get delayed again).

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 2

Post by locke_n_load »

v7a wrote:
Ruark wrote:So you're saying that now you need CLEO signoff even for a trust? Ugh....
Not yet. The rule implementation was delayed and is now set for December (may or may not get delayed again).
This.
Hoping that the implementation gets pushed back again and again, as it has been (the AP ammo ban fiasco actually helped delay 41P, IMO). Hoping for a Constitutional President elected next year, and hopefully they will make some good appointees for the DOJ/BATFE so that this never gets implemented.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

Is the CLEO sign off a BATFE rule/reg or is it required in the NFA law? I didn't realize that was something the BATFE could just change.

FL450
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FL450 »

MechAg94 wrote:Is the CLEO sign off a BATFE rule/reg or is it required in the NFA law? I didn't realize that was something the BATFE could just change.
I believe it is a Notice of Proposed Rule Making(NPRM). By mandate they must read and respond to every comment recieved by those with concern. I understand over 9000 to date. Time and resources have continued to push the proposed decision date back.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CleverNickname »

MechAg94 wrote:Is the CLEO sign off a BATFE rule/reg or is it required in the NFA law? I didn't realize that was something the BATFE could just change.
It is not in the US Code (law written by Congress). It is in the Code of Federal Regulations (regulations written by bureaucrats to implement the USC).

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

*Bump* Just because that's what's on all our minds now, & mr1337 was kind enough to provide links to all 6 bills that have been sent to the Governor(& saved me the effort to look them up 1 by 1. :lol: )
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”