The thread where we thank Mr. Cotton

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

frreed
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The thread where we thank Mr. Cotton

Post by frreed »

I read a lot and post very little, but thanks are cerainly in order to Mr. Cotton. I have learned much about the Texas legislative process in the past few weeks. Charles is a great instructor. He is also a statesman, which is what is so lacking in our politics at all levels.

Thanks!

arthurcw

Post by arthurcw »

THANK YOU! Without people like you, OCT and MDA would be able to completely control the message.

EastTexasMike

Post by EastTexasMike »

I join in the thanks to Mr. Cotton and all others that help advance and protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

(My first post here. I registered expressly to post these thanks.)

mschadt

Post by mschadt »

I got to add my thanks to that as well.

When I first joined this forum I was one of those 20 something's with a CHL living on a college campus and having to choose between storing my firearm in my vehicle (parked in lots where cars were routinely broken into) or leaving it at "Home" 200+ miles away. I will tell any doubters that just being able to store a firearm in your on campus dorm / apt just so that you have the ability to carry on that 3am run to Walmart for printer ink is a milestone in and of itself. I'm sure some campuses will abuse the opt-outs and with any bill/law there's always room for improvement, and to that I will just say when the elevator's broke you gotta take the stairs.

:txflag:

dru

Post by dru »

Many thanks Mr. Cotton! Your leadership and patience with us, the legislature, and the other open carry attention whores was commendable and as a result we wound up with a better-than-expected outcome for this year :txflag:

TinaMiB

Post by TinaMiB »

Thank you Charles and everyone working on our 2nd Amendment rights behind the scenes.

Thank You!
Tina

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I must add my thanks as well. Although neither bill will affect me much, I've watched the fight over campus carry over the last eight years, and I still can't believe it passed, in any form. Getting OC passed on the first try is astounding to me. Charles, you fought against steep odds this session, yet you got it done. For that I thank you. I also thank you for running a forum with decorum and decency. That's no small feat in this depraved culture we live in. You are to be commended sir.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Very well said above, but I want to also say THANKS CHARLES! Great Job done by you as well as TSRA and many others
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Out of lurkdom briefly just to add my thanks!
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Thanks as well. I know it was frustrating to a lot of us reading what was happening. I can only imagine what it was like to live it. You have far more patience than I.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

We owe a great deal to Mr. Cotton for keeping this effort grounded, focused and moving forward to a successful end. Thank you!
-Ruark

MAFWG

Post by MAFWG »

As the father of a college student who turns 21 in 6 weeks, I want to thank you, Mr. Cotton. Because of the Campus Carry bill, my son has decided to get his CHL this summer. I also used this bill to get him interested in the state legislature and he watched the vote yesterday with me. He now has a better understanding of just how screwed up government is and why silly laws get passed. I particularly enjoyed his rather pithy comments about Dr. Allen's debating "skills."
"My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle."

Low Budget Shooter

Post by Low Budget Shooter »

Thanks, Mr. Cotton!

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I want to add my voice to the chorus saying Thank-You. Thanks for your tireless work on 2A issues. Thank you for this forum. And finally thank you for simply being an example, an inspiration, and a leader.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the comments folks, I appreciate them more than you know. Alice, Tara and I are a team and it took a lot of work this session. As I've said before, you rarely if ever want to have more than two flagship bills in one session and combing open-carry with campus-carry was a tall mountain to climb.

I too want to thank Members who posted bill updates when I was too busy to do so. This helped our folks to keep up with what was going on and that is one of the prime reasons the Forum exists. Thanks also to people who responded to calls-to-action; without you doing so we would not have an impact on bills related to gun rights and self-defense rights. As you saw, I don't sent them lightly or too frequently, but only when they can make a difference.

Thanks again,
Chas.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”