Fox News report on Texas OC

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Fox News report on Texas OC

Post by VMI77 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:They quoted Grisham and Moms Demand.

I thought Fox was a legitimate news source.

But then they quoted John Lott as well.

CJ was in his usual succinct charismatic form.
There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....but I occasionally have some of them imposed on me at some place like the doctor's office. Aside from the outright falsehoods and lies of omission it's like watching a cartoon level representation of reality. Even when they're taking a side I agree with I find their arguments so juvenile and incompetent it's hard to believe they're not deliberately sandbagging the debate. If they're not sandbagging most of these MSM "journalists" are so stupid it beggars belief.
Note to self. Gotta get that sarcasm smilie.
I usually get your sarcasm but I admit I didn't this time.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

VMI77 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....but I occasionally have some of them imposed on me at some place like the doctor's office. Aside from the outright falsehoods and lies of omission it's like watching a cartoon level representation of reality. Even when they're taking a side I agree with I find their arguments so juvenile and incompetent it's hard to believe they're not deliberately sandbagging the debate. If they're not sandbagging most of these MSM "journalists" are so stupid it beggars belief.
Just curious? Where do you get your news and how do you keep up with what is going on?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

Just curious? Where do you get your news and how do you keep up with what is going on?
In brief.......various sites that specialize in certain areas...like this one for guns, among others. I usually start off with Drudge then go to sites like Denniger and Shadowstats and Zero Hedge that may link to MSM articles but then provide data from original sources and analysis. Aggregation sites that link to a variety of MSM resources. Some things obviously aren't a lie...for example, reporting that the Senate passed such and such a bill or that the BATF spokesman said this or that (the BATF may be lying, but what he is reported as saying probably isn't a lie). And of course the most common MSM lie is the lie of omission. This can be partially addressed by looking at many different sources, though it's getting harder because as some have pointed out in this thread, a lot of what we get in the MSM these days is a regurgitation of what everyone else is reporting and very little original reporting.

I don't watch broadcast television, period....excepting an occasional show or series we either stream, usually from Netflix, or buy on DVD. We don't have cable television either, just internet service. Try not watching MSM for about a year and when you do run into it, especially the so called news, you can't believe how stupid it all sounds. TV really is mind numbing. Repeated viewing actually puts you in a mind numbed state that impairs critical thinking.
In an experiment in 1969, Herbert Krugman monitored a person through many trials and found that in less than one minute of television viewing, the person's brainwaves switched from Beta waves– brainwaves associated with active, logical thought– to primarily Alpha waves. When the subject stopped watching television and began reading a magazine, the brainwaves reverted to Beta waves.

Research indicates that most parts of the brain, including parts responsible for logical thought, tune out during television viewing. The impact of television viewing on one person's brain state is obviously not enough to conclude that the same consequences apply to everyone, but research has repeatedly shown that watching television produces brainwaves in the low Alpha range.
http://appliedneurotec.com/neuroscience ... our-brain/
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Thanks VM. I spend a lot of time trying to determine what true and what isn't. I use Twitter as a news aggregator but still have to spend a considerable amount of time verifying what I'm seeing our hearing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”