Gov. Abbott to sign HB910 and SB11 tomorrow

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Gov. Abbott to sign HB910 and SB11 tomorrow

Post by FormerTSgt »

gljjt wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:I just drove by and saw all the OCT idiots in a parking lot adjacent to Red's. I also noticed they are all morbidly obese and can barely walk straight, they more or less waddle across the parking lot. Not sure what good a firearm is going to do if you are so ridiculously out of shape that you can't move to use it.
In the same way that we all say that a gun is a great equalizer for a woman vs. a much larger man, I think that we could say the same thing about the 'gravitationally challenged' members of society.

Personally, I find actions of the OCT fools to be repugnant, but I'm not going to lower myself to insult them personally based on their physical traits. I hope you'll also consider doing the same.
I agree. Once you make it personal, you lose the argument. Their weight is their concern. Their actions are my concern.
The epidemic of obesity due to laziness and lack of discipline is nationwide and it is directly connected to some of the increase in healthcare costs across the board. I have to pay for my health insurance and it costs me more because of an epidemic that can be easily beaten with some self discipline. That hits me in the wallet and so makes it my concern. If someone is obese through no fault of their own I will never say a word against them. If it is because they are lazy and they just don't care, I absolutely will express my opinion. That said, this is not the place for this discussion, I see that now and as of this post I will refrain from posting about it further. My apologies for distracting from the purpose of this thread. I mean that sincerely.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Vol Texan »

FormerTSgt wrote:
The epidemic of obesity due to laziness and lack of discipline is nationwide and it is directly connected to some of the increase in healthcare costs across the board. I have to pay for my health insurance and it costs me more because of an epidemic that can be easily beaten with some self discipline. That hits me in the wallet and so makes it my concern. If someone is obese through no fault of their own I will never say a word against them. If it is because they are lazy and they just don't care, I absolutely will express my opinion. That said, this is not the place for this discussion, I see that now and as of this post I will refrain from posting about it further. My apologies for distracting from the purpose of this thread. I mean that sincerely.
:cheers2: That was an honorable end to the sidebar discussion (at a time when too many of these discussions go down a dark hole of ad nauseum jabs and personal comments). Thank you, FormerTSgt.
Last edited by Vol Texan on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

WildBill
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WildBill »

Vol Texan wrote:
joe817 wrote:Yay! Thanks for posting Rrash! :tiphat:

Now then, how in the world did you get those great pics?

At least it will be on the 6:00 news tonight.

A great day today in Texas History! :txflag:
Indeed...check out the "This Day in Texas History - July 13" thread for today!
Sweet Dreams! :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

Vol Texan wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:
:cheers2: That was an honorable end to the sidebar discussion (at a time when too many of these discussions go down a dark hole of ad nauseum jabs and personal comments). Thank you, FormerTSgt.
Thank you, sir. :cheers2:
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Thanks for the pics!!!

Tracker
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Tracker »

MeMelYup wrote:Tracker, are you describing OCT, OCTC or the President of the United States?
yep.
I wonder if Big O will beat out LBJ at numero uno?
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... residents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

:txflag:

Nice.
Can't wait to read the news blogs comments

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

FormerTSgt wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:I just drove by and saw all the OCT idiots in a parking lot adjacent to Red's. I also noticed they are all morbidly obese and can barely walk straight, they more or less waddle across the parking lot. Not sure what good a firearm is going to do if you are so ridiculously out of shape that you can't move to use it.
In the same way that we all say that a gun is a great equalizer for a woman vs. a much larger man, I think that we could say the same thing about the 'gravitationally challenged' members of society.

Personally, I find actions of the OCT fools to be repugnant, but I'm not going to lower myself to insult them personally based on their physical traits. I hope you'll also consider doing the same.
I agree. Once you make it personal, you lose the argument. Their weight is their concern. Their actions are my concern.
And I agree with you on this. Thanks.

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

The signing was live-streamed. You can watch a recording but you'll need Android or iPhone.

What on earth was Abbott thinking speaking positively of Reagan at this event? Is he really unaware that Reagan is the one who banned Open Carry in California?
Ronald Reagan wrote:There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons
Amusingly, Reagan only banned loaded Open Carry. Unloaded Open Carry was only banned a few years ago (after OCT-like types got negative media coverage).
Btw, OCT will be very sad to learn that Abbott did not thank or mention them at all :smilelol5: He did however mention the hard work of the NRA and TSRA.

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

It's so odd that the people who were responsible for getting Open Carry passed were standing along the street like bums and not inside for the signing. Perhaps their invitation got lost in the mail?

"rlol"

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

v7a wrote:The signing was live-streamed. You can watch a recording but you'll need Android or iPhone.

What on earth was Abbott thinking speaking positively of Reagan at this event? Is he really unaware that Reagan is the one who banned Open Carry in California?
Ronald Reagan wrote:There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons
Amusingly, Reagan only banned loaded Open Carry. Unloaded Open Carry was only banned a few years ago (after OCT-like types got negative media coverage).
Btw, OCT will be very sad to learn that Abbott did not thank or mention them at all :smilelol5: He did however mention the hard work of the NRA and TSRA.
During Ronald Reagan's tenure as governor of California open carry was banned mainly because of the actions of a group called the Black Panthers.

Check it out. Do you see any similarities between their actions and those of OCT?
NRA Endowment Member

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

FormerTSgt wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:
TSgt, I know this is off topic so I stated a new thread in the Off Topic board. This "epidemic of obesity due to laziness and lack of discipline is nationwide" is not due to lack of discipline. When I talked to a doctor about what I've posted in the following link, he poo pooed it and brought up some nutritionist who lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies. The doctor failed to mention the nutritionist was also consuming a high % of his calories as saturated fat...his own body's saturated fat. But I just fired back at this doctor: "If I take a fattened cow out of the feedlot and put it back out onto pasture eating the grass it was created to eat, am I putting that cow on a fade diet?" The nurse snickered at him. Anybody who raises cattle intuitively knows that this cow is going to lose weight. If you feed cows a grain-based diet they'll get fat. You put a cow back out onto pasture it'll lose weight. These cows aren't counting calories or walking laps around the field to do drop the pounds, either. It's hormones begin working correctly to regulate its weight.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=78122&p=993099#p993099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok back on topic

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Tracker wrote:viewtopic.php?f=83&t=78122&p=993099#p993099

Ok back on topic
Great Idea! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

safety1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by safety1 »

:txflag:
Great Day to be a Texan! But what day isn't! :thumbs2:
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

BBQ Gun time :txflag:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”