Chicago Community Activists turn on Democrat Party

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LeakyWaders
Posts in topic: 2

Chicago Community Activists turn on Democrat Party

Post by LeakyWaders »

Like Charles Barkley, these community activists are openly speaking their minds. I find it refreshing. Here is a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUSRZo1BE5o
Last edited by LeakyWaders on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Chicago Community Actovists turn on Democrat Party

Post by joe817 »

Wow! :shock: Thanks for posting. Good view.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Im seeing more blacks openly embracing conservative policies. Maybe having a black president in office has opened their eyes to those who have been gaming them.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

These are the activists involved in this video:

Paul McKinley, convicted felon - http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/21417 ... nomination" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark Carter, founder of the Broke Party - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... e-re-Broke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joseph Watkins, plaintiff in a pro se lawsuit against half the city of Chicago - http://cases.justia.com/federal/appella ... 1411043559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harold "Noonie" Ward, former high ranking gang member - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... go-Streets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't appear that any of these are conservatives. This appears to be a legitimate rebellion. I wonder how influential they are?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

baldeagle wrote:These are the activists involved in this video:

Paul McKinley, convicted felon - http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/21417 ... nomination" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark Carter, founder of the Broke Party - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... e-re-Broke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joseph Watkins, plaintiff in a pro se lawsuit against half the city of Chicago - http://cases.justia.com/federal/appella ... 1411043559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harold "Noonie" Ward, former high ranking gang member - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... go-Streets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't appear that any of these are conservatives. This appears to be a legitimate rebellion. I wonder how influential they are?
These men could have seen the light of truth.

However.

They kept speaking about the black folk not doing the right things for black folk. I would have much rather heard them speak up for freedom, smaller government, responsibility, and elimination of tyranny.

Government needs to work for all of us, not just for our racial identity. These men hit all around the issue when they spoke about their leaders keeping them in the welfare state.

Maybe I am expecting too much.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote:Maybe I am expecting too much.
Every journey begins with a first step.

That video buoyed my hope. Thanks for posting it. Already shared.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jayinsat

Re: Chicago Community Activists turn on Democrat Party

Post by jayinsat »

I am an American of color (read African American but, since I was not born in Africa nor have I ever traveled there, I am an American.) and I will tell you there are MANY of us who are conservative. We don't get a voice because of the overwhelming majority of sheeple who make all the noise. The leaders of the community serve as agents of the democratic agenda and keep those low-information, "disenfranchised" Blacks deceived and self abasing, continuing to participate in their own self destruction by electing the very individuals that enact policies that inhibit their success.

This current administration has done more to destroy race relations in america than the KKK has ever done. Washington politicians (Republicans and Democrats) and the news media constantly fan the flames of race to purposely keep us divided. The Republican party as we knew it is dead. The Tea Party is the only real conservative voice but, thanks to the liberal leaning media, is portrayed as right winged nut job group of racist. Many of the conservative Blacks are afraid to openly align themselves with the TEA party, or the NRA because of this.

I will tell you, as a member of pro 2A groups like this and groups that are composed of mostly Blacks, the big problem we have in the gun community is a lack of trust of each other that is largely based on past actions of a few extremist and twisted facts. Phrases like "hood rats", when used to describe an entire group of people living in a certain area, or "we need to just eliminate them all" tend to make some pro 2A Blacks nervous and offended. At the same time, many pro 2A blacks have irrational fears about the NRA, making overall judgment of the entire group because of the opinions of a few extremists. I've encountered some very hateful, racists comments from people in some groups. I recognized that was that individuals stupid opinion and not the opinion of the NRA or white americans as a whole.

My wish is that one day, we americans will realize Dr. Kings dream and not judge each other, or whole groups, by the color of one's skin but by the content of one's character.

Peace brothers
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

^^^ Thanks Jay.

It's really a head-scratcher for me to try and understand the whole "not black enough" mentality. I grew up a white minority kid in an inner city school system in the 70's. Even living in the middle of things back then, I didn't understand the predisposition to self destruction. In a school where less than 10% of students were white, the AP classes were almost entirely white. I never did get the feeling it was because of any gaps in smarts. It always seemed to be about willingness (or the value put on) making the effort. There never seemed to be much difference in incentivization between the white kids who were not academically successful and the black kids who were not.

The signs of a burgeoning awakening seem to be appearing from many corners of the country. Good news.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thank you Jay. Well said.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

Blacks are very pro-gun and do not support the anti-gunners agenda. If we could bridge the racial divide in the gun community, we would be an organization so strong that groups like "Moms Demand Action" would not stand a chance. The exploitation of recent events by the news media has eroded a lot of trust that was built up. So many pro gun blacks just do not trust the NRA or the Republican party because they have been told so long that the NRA and Republicans are racist. I know it's untrue but the indoctrination is deep. Black leaders always point to the Mumford Act, signed by Reagan in the 60's to show how the NRA wanted to disarm blacks in California. They forget that it was the Democrats that started the KKK.

NRA has done much to try to build a bridge: Colion Noir, support of Shaneen Allen, etc, but many Blacks still are distrusting. I know of many who are trying to break down that barrier, myself included. I implore my caucasion brothers to not write us off. Progress is being made. Keep reaching out. Keep extending the olive branches. You will get your hand bit, and so will I. Extremist are in both camps. I truly believe we can come together and stand as one. Imagine having a truly diverse pro gun rally, without looking at each other as the enemy!

I have a dream!
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis »

Jay: I share your dream and believe you have hit on a very big opportunity; i.e. the common belief in the right to own a gun. We need to celebrate the ways we are the same as they far out weigh the differences. The right to defend our family and our self is one of those ways. Perhaps Charles could weigh in here on how the NRA is trying to help. There could be a ad campaign to point out that common belief and start a dialog that heals the damage caused in recent years. We need to be getting ready for the next presidential election.

Thank you for speaking up. I guarantee you that you changed more than a few minds to seeing things a bit differently.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

jayinsat wrote:I implore my caucasion brothers to not write us off. Progress is being made. Keep reaching out. Keep extending the olive branches. You will get your hand bit, and so will I. Extremist are in both camps. I truly believe we can come together and stand as one. Imagine having a truly diverse pro gun rally, without looking at each other as the enemy!

I have a dream!
I'd never write off an entire ethnic group.
The race card has been so completely overplayed, and by so many high-level people (Obama and Holder, for starters) that it's lost it's power. The race-baiters have cried wolf too many times. Personally, I'm done feeling any need to defend my opinions against those who would accuse me of being racist for holding them. If that's all they have, well, I'm not going to give them any heed. Responding to them gives them the audience they seek, and those that are inclined to believe them cannot be won over by mere argument. I won't waste my time tilting at that windmill any more.

I will.... Keep an open mind and an open heart.... Judge people by their actions and their ability to think for themselves....

I'm encouraged to see the dialogue slowly changing from within the Black community. I don't see how anything other than good things can come of that. Perhaps we've bottomed out? Reached the point where people are beginning to see through the divisive rhetoric.

Gutfeld and The Five (and Bill Clinton) commenting on "identity Politics" yesterday.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LeakyWaders wrote:Like Charles Barkley, these community activists are openly speaking their minds. I find it refreshing. Here is a link.
Oh man, I SO wanted to post this video, and an hour and a half before you did it, LeakyWaders, I had sent a PM to Charles Cotton asking if it would be OK, simply because it touches on race and I thought it was worth being cautious. The moderators deliberated on it yesterday and today......... and then one of them pointed out to Charles that you had already gone ahead and done it.
:lol: "rlol" :smilelol5:

Caution, meet Wind. :mrgreen:

Anyway, it is no secret that african-Americans have been voting against their own economic interests since the 1960s......except to african-Americans. To most of them, it is a secret.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
LeakyWaders wrote:Like Charles Barkley, these community activists are openly speaking their minds. I find it refreshing. Here is a link.
Oh man, I SO wanted to post this video, and an hour and a half before you did it, LeakyWaders, I had sent a PM to Charles Cotton asking if it would be OK, simply because it touches on race and I thought it was worth being cautious. The moderators deliberated on it yesterday and today......... and then one of them pointed out to Charles that you had already gone ahead and done it.
:lol: "rlol" :smilelol5:

Caution, meet Wind. :mrgreen:

Anyway, it is no secret that african-Americans have been voting against their own economic interests since the 1960s......except to african-Americans. To most of them, it is a secret.
I had seen the warning in the "Off-Topic" section that read "Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!" so I intentionally did not post it there. I honestly thought it was more appropriate to post it on the 2014 Election Board. The subject did not seem racially derogatory and I found it relative to current events considering that early voting is in full swing.

Didn't intend to steal your thunder Annoyed Man. So long as someone posted the link it's all good. After reading all the thoughtful comments it is clear that this is a discussion that must be continued.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Black Awakening: The movement is growing.

[video][/video]
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “2014 Elections”