They aren't slow

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
saltydog452
Posts in topic: 1

They aren't slow

Post by saltydog452 »

The Democratic Underground has a brief article mentioning that the Nat'l Democratic Party :anamatedbanana has cancelled pending television adverts for Ms Landrieu. LA will have a run-off election. Seems as though the Nat'l Party has all but conceded another Senate seat.

Seems strange to read that bit of news in the Democratic Underground.

salty

longtooth

Re: They aren't slow

Post by longtooth »

:patriot: :thewave :thumbs2: :hurry: :tiphat: :clapping: :rules: :patriot:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Now we need to figure out how to get someone other than McConnell appointed as Majority Leader.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Salty,

I saw that same news bit on CNN. It included some interesting tidbits, like how the Republicans had reserved a bunch of ad time before the election, so they got it at a discount, while Landrieu had not reserved any and now has to pay full price and is scrambling for money. That included the other tidbit that with the R majority she has lost her chairmanship and now has no political power in the Senate and supporters were jumping ship fast. I take that to mean she really was a bought and sold politician and her buyers know she cannot deliver any more.

Then the news article I saw today made it seem like her campaign is in even deeper trouble now. She ran an attack ad about how she had come down to help fight for repair money after Katrina and Rita and asking where Cassidy was when they needed her "expertise". The problems were that he was not in office at the time, but was working in his real career as an M.D. His answer was a link to an article about how he was in a parking lot setting up a temporary "surge" emergency room to treat the people injured in the hurricanes. Talk about backfiring on her. But it means her campaign must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to not be able to check those basic facts.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “2014 Elections”