Why this new forum?

Post reports of crimes on campus in this forum. This is a temporary forum and posts will be transferred to the Crime Blotter at the close of the 2015 Texas Legislative Session.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Why this new forum?

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:11 pm

The Crimes on Campus forum has been created to provide quick access to documented reports of crimes on college and university campuses. Only post reports/stories that have links to reputable news sources as this information will be used to help promote campus-carry during the 2015 Texas Legislative Session. Purely anecdotal stories will not persuasive in the legislative arena. Those stories should be posted in the Crime Blotter forum. However, if you were a victim of a crime on campus that was not reported by the media and are willing to testify in Austin about it, then feel free to post. Then PM me with your contact information.

When the session is closed, all posts will be moved to the Crime Blotter forum.

Chas.

G.A. Heath

Re: Why this new forum?

Postby G.A. Heath » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The Crimes on Campus forum has been created to provide quick access to documented reports of crimes on college and university campuses. Only post reports/stories that have links to reputable news sources as this information will be used to help promote campus-carry during the 2015 Texas Legislative Session. Purely anecdotal stories will not persuasive in the legislative arena. Those stories should be posted in the Crime Blotter forum. However, if you were a victim of a crime on campus that was not reported by the media and are willing to testify in Austin about it, then feel free to post. Then PM me with your contact information.

When the session is closed, all posts will be moved to the Crime Blotter forum.

Chas.

When I see reports in my feeds I will share.
I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy and a currently former podcaster.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:18 pm

BTW, please post each event/crime as a separate thread with a descriptive subject line. This will help me identify schools and events.

Also, I primarily need Texas schools.

Thanks,
Chas.

sbrawley

Postby sbrawley » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Can the crimes be near campuses or solely on the campus? I just received an alert about a shooting near the A&M Prairie View campus with one injured and one dead.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/one-dead-one-injured-after-shooting-near-prairie-view-am/31072182

Not sure if this would apply, so I thought I would ask first.
When government takes away citizens' right to bear arms, it becomes citizens' duty to take away government's right to govern
Unknown
2015 NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Crimes on Campus”