Chicago: Ford employee rehired and given one year of back pay after self defense shooting

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Chicago: Ford employee rehired and given one year of back pay after self defense shooting

Post by philip964 »

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/28 ... -back-pay/

Took a long time but justice prevailed. Attacked in parking lot, shot attackers, arrested, vilified in news, fired from job, depleted all his savings, his judge reassigned after a gun fell out of his robe. Found not guilty. Got his job back got back pay.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Chicago: Ford employee rehired and given one year of back pay after self defense shooting

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/28 ... -back-pay/

Took a long time but justice prevailed. Attacked in parking lot, shot attackers, arrested, vilified in news, fired from job, depleted all his savings, his judge reassigned after a gun fell out of his robe. Found not guilty. Got his job back got back pay.
This is good news. Yes, it did take too long, but hopefully he can get his life back to normal.
He was out of work for three years, but the story stated that he got one year in back pay. I wonder why only a year?
NRA Endowment Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Chicago: Ford employee rehired and given one year of back pay after self defense shooting

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I wonder why only a year?

Ford didn't sell enough $75,000 King Ranch's. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

ELB

Post by ELB »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:14 pm I wonder why only a year?

SIA
Me too. What an ordeal.

The article notes that The judge at-his first trial was yanked off the bench because he was facing his own charges For dropping a handgun in the lobby of the Chicago courthouse. I’m pretty sure I posted about that somewhere here but I’m on my phone and it’s too hard to search for things.
USAF 1982-2005

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

WildBill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:27 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/28 ... -back-pay/

This is good news. Yes, it did take too long, but hopefully he can get his life back to normal.
He was out of work for three years, but the story stated that he got one year in back pay. I wonder why only a year?
Ford did not give him his job back because they were generous. He filed a claim and the arbitrator gave him his job back and a year of back pay.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

cirus

Post by cirus »

Defending your life and then having it ruined doesn't sound like justice to me. He exercised his God given right and was punished for it. :grumble

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

ELB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:39 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:14 pm I wonder why only a year?

SIA
Me too. What an ordeal.

The article notes that The judge at-his first trial was yanked off the bench because he was facing his own charges For dropping a handgun in the lobby of the Chicago courthouse. I’m pretty sure I posted about that somewhere here but I’m on my phone and it’s too hard to search for things.
I read that the judge was found not guilty because the prosecution couldn't prove it was a gun. All they had was video evidence.
It makes me wonder if the employee would have been found guilty if the original judge presided over the trial.
NRA Endowment Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

WildBill wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:35 am
I read that the judge was found not guilty because the prosecution couldn't prove it was a gun. All they had was video evidence.
It makes me wonder if the employee would have been found guilty if the original judge presided over the trial.
Wasn't just video, two deputies were there and said it was a gun. They said they didn't arrest him immediately because they weren't sure whether judges could carry in the courthouse or not.

He had a bench trial as well, and the judge ruled in his favor.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”