Good Samaritan stops carjacking

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Good Samaritan stops carjacking

Post by mojo84 »

Thank God for those willing to help others.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nat ... /25335119/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Armed Good Samaritan stops car wash carjacking
17 hours ago
Shocking surveillance video shows an attempted robbery at a Georgia car wash. A teen tries to make off with a woman's car when she receives help from an armed Good Samaritan.

Note the report says the good Samaritan went about his day after providing his statement to the police.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Good Samaritan stops carjacking

Post by rbwhatever1 »

And the news announcer asks: "Is he allowed to pull out a gun and do that?" What a stupid question. Did he not see the same vide we saw?

Awesome citizen. We need about 50 Million of these Citizens that will always do what's right. These guys will make it much better for Society when the lights go out...
III

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

rbwhatever1 wrote:And the news announcer asks: "Is he allowed to pull out a gun and do that?" What a stupid question. Did he not see the same vide we saw?

Awesome citizen. We need about 50 Million of these Citizens that will always do what's right. These guys will make it much better for Society when the lights go out...
Look at this way. The announcer asked the same question that some viewers would be asking. And the answer was, yes, it was legal. So the public gets more positive education about guns.

My question would be, why did the black perps single out the black woman? There were tons of people and cars at that car wash. Why her?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I don't know if it was stupid or very brave of her to leap onto the hood. Probably a little of both. I think they targeted her because she's a woman and they thought she was an easy target. They probably were looking for her model of car also. Her jumping on the hood was the last thing he expected. Big kudos go out to the citizen for his actions. He more than likely saved the lady from injury or death.
Last edited by The Wall on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The Wall wrote:I don't know if it was stupid or very brave of her to leap onto the hood. Probably a little of both. I think they targeted her because she's a women and they thought she was an easy target. They probably were looking for her model of car also. Her jumping on the hood was the last thing he expected. Big kudos go out to the citizen for his actions. He more than likely saved the lady from injury or death.
Not trying to be mean but I really didn't think her "Lambeau Leap" was gonna connect with the hood of that car. I'm glad it turned out right.
III

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

The Wall wrote:I don't know if it was stupid or very brave of her to leap onto the hood. Probably a little of both. I think they targeted her because she's a women and they thought she was an easy target. They probably were looking for her model of car also. Her jumping on the hood was the last thing he expected. Big kudos go out to the citizen for his actions. He more than likely saved the lady from injury or death.

*Singular form of that word is: woman.

Sorry, I just looked over a piece at work about "Women in Insurance" and there were multiple times where they would talk about groups of "woman" and how this one "women" agent is doing well and so on.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

rbwhatever1 wrote:And the news announcer asks: "Is he allowed to pull out a gun and do that?" What a stupid question. Did he not see the same vide we saw?

Probably Ron Burgundy's cousin.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

AJSully421 wrote:

*Singular form of that word is: woman.

Sorry, I just looked over a piece at work about "Women in Insurance" and there were multiple times where they would talk about groups of "woman" and how this one "women" agent is doing well and so on.
Thank you for the information. I stand corrected. Please don't take away my birthday!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Not all good news. The perp is in the hospital in stable condition.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

YEs, but three accomplices got away. I hope they can persuade the perp to give up the other three.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Shooter will not be charged.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local ... /25381707/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

baldeagle wrote: Look at this way. The announcer asked the same question that some viewers would be asking. And the answer was, yes, it was legal. So the public gets more positive education about guns.
Well said. This was a setup question to provide an answer that was already researched.

I'm glad to see the positive coverage and that no innocents were hurt.

"According to a police report, that juvenile referred to the occupants as his "crew," and said they'd left him."

Honor among thieves and all that.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”