Robber killed during home invasion Fort Worth

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
hovercat
Posts in topic: 1

Robber killed during home invasion Fort Worth

Post by hovercat »

Read it in the Fort Worth Star Telegram this morning.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local ... 17210.html

Countryside
Banned

Re: Robber killed during home invasion Fort Worth

Post by Countryside »

I can hear it now..."He was a good boy! He accidentally kicked the door in! He didn't deserve to get shot!" :roll:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Countryside wrote:I can hear it now..."He was a good boy! He accidentally kicked the door in! He didn't deserve to get shot!" :roll:
Yep regular choir boy I guess they don't teach them not to break in where there are no signs banning weapons in Everman :???:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

This is the business he'd chosen!

Sometimes I wonder if there ought to be criminal penalties, along the lines of the felony murder rule, for parents who fail, or neglect, to teach their children not to do these things.

My children knew not to take things that didn't belong to them, and not go into places they weren't invited. Just those two ideas would eliminate a lot of unhappiness. Not all, of course, but it would be a start.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

JALLEN wrote:This is the business he'd chosen!

Sometimes I wonder if there ought to be criminal penalties, along the lines of the felony murder rule, for parents who fail, or neglect, to teach their children not to do these things.

My children knew not to take things that didn't belong to them, and not go into places they weren't invited. Just those two ideas would eliminate a lot of unhappiness. Not all, of course, but it would be a start.
If they catch his accomplice, he should be charged with murder since he was complicit in the cause of his death. I'm also curious as to how a16 year old is former student? I doubt that he was so advanced that he graduated early, just judging by his lack of intelligence in kicking in a door, my kids all had to stay in school or charges would have been brought against me. Do the laws vary in Everman regarding school attendance? He could have sure used more education.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

16 year old "former student." Makes you wonder what his home life was like.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

You kick my door in, and you'll likely face an AR :mad5

And they of course have to mention that BG was a 16 year old student from....

Where I grew up, 6 year olds were sometimes more viscous then 20 year olds.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Many lessons are taught by parents, many lessons are ignored by kids.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

There are consequences to our actions, more than one life will be forever changed.

However, robber killed is a far less tragic headline than robber kills....

Perhaps in the long run, many lives were saved.
Kids need to understand despite what the learn in school.... Real life has real consequences.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Unocat
Banned

Post by Unocat »

Another (allegedly) bad apple has been picked out of the bunch.
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Better outcome than it could have been. Life requires a series of risk/reward decisions from the time our eyes open until we go to sleep each day. To become a successful, productive member of society one has to generally make reasonably good decisions that lead to fewer life-threatening risks and hopefully greater rewards. Actions have consequences, both risk and reward, and too many people discount the old adage TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch).

I pray for God's mercy and peace for the families involved in this incident, and for our country to return to policies that support society-affirming values instead of the nefarious "hope and change".
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Jusme wrote:

I'm also curious as to how a16 year old is former student?
I just thought they meant he's a former student NOW.

But aside from that, I think my wife left HS about that age and got her GED. Even back then she realized most of what passed for "education" in the public school system was garbage propaganda and indoctrination....and it's a LOT worse now. I was just listening to a radio caller this morning talking about how his top student daughter headed off to college almost completely ignorant of US history and with little or no understanding of the Constitution or Bill of Rights. She'd never even heard of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Last edited by VMI77 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

allisji

Post by allisji »

very sad though.

I hope that they catch the one who got away and he is held responsible for this loss of life.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

VMI77 wrote:
She'd never even heard of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Sure she had! Wasn't he on American Idol a few decades ago?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

JALLEN wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
She'd never even heard of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Sure she had! Wasn't he on American Idol a few decades ago?
You got me. I'd like to say I've never heard of American Idol but all I can say is that I've never watched it, so I've no idea who has or hasn't been on it. If you're suggesting she probably does know who has and hasn't been on American Idol I confess to thinking you're probably right.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”