Had an interesting experience yesterday

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

fast86gn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Had an interesting experience yesterday

Post by fast86gn »

Bryanmc wrote:Sounds like you did fine. After reading through the whole thread, I'm wondering where the "meth lab / meth dealer" part came from. I didn't see the op say that, so it seems it was conjured up from "problems of an undisclosable nature", which in reality could be many many things. I'm sure if they suspect he's dealing or cooking (especially) there's already an investigation and the OP's unrequested assistance isn't necessary.

5th paragraph from the OP

They knocked on the door for close to 10 minutes before this guy came out. According to a neighbor who's lived here longer than I have, the guy is a meth dealer. Other people have since told me this as well.
David

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

I am a little hazy on one item. You said she would not go inside, but was hiding behind the car, yet you went to see the police after leaving your firearm on the roof of the car? I know you would not leave her with access to a weapon under those circumstances of duress.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
imkopaka
Posts in topic: 14

Post by imkopaka »

In writing it sounds worse than it is. I didn't set the weapon down until the police were actually present. While I was talking to the officer I was maybe 15 feet from it. And with no way to keep it on my body (save for in my hands), I didn't have much alternative. Also, when I say she was behind the car, I don't mean she was crouched by the tire; I merely mean the car was blocking the guy's line of sight to her. In reality she was a good 15 or 20 feet away from it as well.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

LamDaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LamDaw »

imkopaka I sent a PM to you.

Thanks

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”