Caught on Video: Church Worker With CHL Stops Burglar

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Caught on Video: Church Worker With CHL Stops Burglar

Post by Keith B »

A Tampa, Florida church maintenance man with a concealed carry license stops and holds a burglar at gunpoint until police arrive. A passing news team gets it on video.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/05/ ... bay-325442
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ELB

Re: Caught on Video: Church Worker With CHL Stops Burglar

Post by ELB »

I think over all justice was served, but I also think the maintenance worker was venturing very close to trouble for himself. Since nobody got shot and apparently the right guy was caught, I think he will do OK, but chasing down the sidewalk well after the fact of the burglary was ... sporting.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Re: Caught on Video: Church Worker With CHL Stops Burglar

Post by Jusme »

ELB wrote:I think over all justice was served, but I also think the maintenance worker was venturing very close to trouble for himself. Since nobody got shot and apparently the right guy was caught, I think he will do OK, but chasing down the sidewalk well after the fact of the burglary was ... sporting.

Yeah that could have gone south real quick, what if the guy didn't stop and give up? Other than a third party telling him about the suspected burglar, he didn't have a lot of probable cause to confront/chase the guy. I think there are some out there who believe they have now been given crime fighter status if they have a carry permit, and they could end up in a bad situation quickly. He was under no threat of personal safety, so.. :nono:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”