Dallas' most pathetic criminal caught

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Dallas' most pathetic criminal caught

Post by ELB »

Violent Crime Spree Ends with Arrest

Guy causes a rumpus, police get called, he manages to steal a car and get away, but after that it was all downhill:
... attempted to carjack a victim at knife point. The victim surrendered his vehicle, however the suspect was unable to operate the standard transmission....attempted to carjack two additional victims...final intended victim produced a handgun ...suspect fled on foot...
same White male suspect reportedly breaking into an apartment...caused damage to a sliding glass door trying to get into the apartment but had already left the location.... received a second 9-1-1 call ... suspect grabbed the 90-year-old female victim by the arm and attempted to drag her at knifepoint into her bathroom. The victim broke away from the suspect and fled her apartment...
The cops cornered him in the bathroom and he initially refused to come out. A few hours later he surrendered, probably after he ran out of toilet paper.

Tried to carjack four cars, succeeded only once, tried to break into two apartments with only 50% success rate, and a 90 year old hostage manages to muscle her way free. If one of his fellow incarcerees asks him what he's in for, he should just tell them felony mopery or something.
USAF 1982-2005

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas' most pathetic criminal caught

Post by C-dub »

After only reading the title I was so hoping it was John Wiley Price. :evil2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

george72

Post by george72 »

.final intended victim produced a handgun ...suspect fled on foot..
:cheers2: :hurry: :tiphat: good result.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

drugs withdrawal effects.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

C-dub wrote:After only reading the title I was so hoping it was John Wiley Price. :evil2:
:iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Again with the follow-up:

Maxxim Elliott Bedford, the unheroic protagonist of the OP, is currently a resident of Richmond Texas, where the State of Texas maintains public housing for miscreants. However there's no information on his conviction or sentence.
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offende ... d=08034382

Unsurprisingly he has had previous encounters with the law:
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texas/T ... 56881.html
http://www.grnewsletters.com/archive/ln ... 34323.html

Of more interest is the little old lady that was his undoing. There were several articles about her actions in escaping the butterfingered clutches of Mr. Bedford. Couple key quotes from an interview where she was asked how she managed to get away:
[Mili] Carter said she knows after raising three boys and four daughters, 'You don't show fear.'

"I’ve lived this long," Carter told WFAA. "How do you think I got there? Not by being a wimp."
;-)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... police-say
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ELB wrote:A few hours later he surrendered, probably after he ran out of toilet paper.
OK, you owe me a new keyboard! "rlol"

I love that old lady!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Among the generation of motorheads I grew up with,
The victim surrendered his vehicle, however the suspect was unable to operate the standard transmission
this was considered the ultimate definition of a loser.....and seemingly became the norm with 80's kids forward. Until we got to the millenials who can't drive (outside of video games) and don't have a license......

Are comprehensive insurance rates cheaper on manual transmission cars because a significant segment of the criminal population can't drive them?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

No loser here! For years my left calf was bigger than my right (not sure these days) although I am right-handed (and legged). Eventually realized that it was because of the clutch.
USAF 1982-2005

stroo

Post by stroo »

I don't know which is worse - this guy or a guy my daughter told me about in North Carolina who tried to get away from the police by swimming in the ocean. The shoreline chase stopped when he was bitten by a shark!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Among the generation of motorheads I grew up with,
The victim surrendered his vehicle, however the suspect was unable to operate the standard transmission
this was considered the ultimate definition of a loser.....and seemingly became the norm with 80's kids forward. Until we got to the millenials who can't drive (outside of video games) and don't have a license......
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”