Thank You Forum Members

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
imkopaka
Posts in topic: 1

Thank You Forum Members

Post by imkopaka »

A while back I posted a story detailing an encounter I had with a neighborhood drug dealer pulling a woman into his house by her hair. A few members offered some constructive criticism and showed me some places where I had almost gotten into a wreck, some pointed out things I did right, and some helped me better understand the implications of various routes I could have taken.

Today a similar situation occurred (though I will not discuss it just yet in case there is an investigation etc) and I feel like I responded quickly and effectively. In the moment I specifically recalled several things that were said in the discussion about the drug dealer incident, and I feel it helped guide me to the best possible handling of the situation. Before you ask, no I didn't shoot, but I did remove my weapon from the holster while I assessed the situation.

Anyway, I wanted to thank all the forum members who contributed to that discussion. Your wisdom may have helped the good guys win today. :patriot: :txflag:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Thank You Forum Members

Post by treadlightly »

With all due respect, consider moving. Texas is a big state and in most of it you can go a lifetime without the need to touch, much less draw a weapon. I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Of course, lack of a specific need for a gun at hand has nothing to do with the right, perhaps even obligation to conduct one's affairs as an armed, lawful citizen.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”