Off-duty St. Louis County officer fatally shoots intruder at home

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Off-duty St. Louis County officer fatally shoots intruder at home

Post by gamboolman »

I don't believe this has been posted yet.
Not sure if I have posted link correctly? Hope one of them works

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... fa2a6.html

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... fa2a6.html
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

puma guy

Re: Off-duty St. Louis County officer fatally shoots intruder at home

Post by puma guy »

It appears this was personal. I'm glad the officer and his family are all ok. It's very disturbing to read about home invasions, such as this and makes it clear that we should keep our weapons handily, but safely at hand even in our homes. In La Porte, Tx not far away from me 6 individuals recently attempted a 1 A.M. home invasion. They were well armed and none were over the age of 18! The home owner was able to shoot one of them and he he was also shot in the hand with a shotgun one of the invaders was armed with. Fortunately all were eventually caught and are facing charges. What is even more disturbing, besides the number of perps, is their age and violent tendencies.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

puma guy wrote:It appears this was personal. I'm glad the officer and his family are all ok. It's very disturbing to read about home invasions, such as this and makes it clear that we should keep our weapons handily, but safely at hand even in our homes. In La Porte, Tx not far away from me 6 individuals recently attempted a 1 A.M. home invasion. They were well armed and none were over the age of 18! The home owner was able to shoot one of them and he he was also shot in the hand with a shotgun one of the invaders was armed with. Fortunately all were eventually caught and are facing charges. What is even more disturbing, besides the number of perps, is their age and violent tendencies.
This is why no one needs a magazine with over 7 rounds. They are no good for hunting deer, so what else would you use them for? :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Scott! Get your story right. It's 10 rounds that no one would ever ever never ever need more than.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

ScottDLS wrote:This is why no one needs a magazine with over 7 rounds. They are no good for hunting deer, so what else would you use them for? :shock:
You should never need more than one round, so a muzzle loader should be plenty. The founding fathers never anticipated anything beyond muzzle loaders, so that's all you could possibly need.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”