TN: Woman shoots intruder under bed while security system is being installed

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TN: Woman shoots intruder under bed while security system is being installed

Post by ELB »

http://fox17.com/news/local/goodlettsvi ... er-her-bed

Woman broke up with boyfriend after discovering he has criminal record.

He promised to kill her.

She changed locks twice. He broke in three times.

She got a protection order and called ADT to install security system.

While ADT tech(s) was still in her home, she went to bedroom to fetch her cell phone to test it with the new security system.

The phone was missing. But she saw the feet of the guy she was trying to keep out under her bed. She told ADT to call 911

She shot underbed dude in the left foot.

Then she demanded he give the phone back, which he threw out from under the bed.

She held him at gun point (I presume still under the bed) until police arrived. He admitted breaking in, hiding, and taking her phone so she could not call 911.

He's facing charges of Aggravated Burglary, Stalking, Violating and Order of Protection and Theft.

This sounds like an unlikely plot device from Criminal Minds. I don't think she's going to need a lawyer to defend herself.
USAF 1982-2005

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TN: Woman shoots intruder under bed while security system is being installed

Post by vjallen75 »

ELB wrote:http://fox17.com/news/local/goodlettsvi ... er-her-bed

Woman broke up with boyfriend after discovering he has criminal record.

He promised to kill her.

She changed locks twice. He broke in three times.

She got a protection order and called ADT to install security system.

While ADT tech(s) was still in her home, she went to bedroom to fetch her cell phone to test it with the new security system.

The phone was missing. But she saw the feet of the guy she was trying to keep out under her bed. She told ADT to call 911

She shot underbed dude in the left foot.

Then she demanded he give the phone back, which he threw out from under the bed.

She held him at gun point (I presume still under the bed) until police arrived. He admitted breaking in, hiding, and taking her phone so she could not call 911.

He's facing charges of Aggravated Burglary, Stalking, Violating and Order of Protection and Theft.

This sounds like an unlikely plot device from Criminal Minds. I don't think she's going to need a lawyer to defend herself.
Makes you wonder how stupid people truly are. Did he really think she wouldn't see him? How bold and stupid are you to break into someone's home, while they are there I might add, and not expect to get caught?

I don't think she will need one either, good for her to make the appropriate steps to keep him out.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TN: Woman shoots intruder under bed while security system is being installed

Post by ELB »

Follow-up:

If I read this correctly, the under-the-bed ex-boyfriend was convicted of felony stalking and is serving a six year sentence starting this past September. He is also awaiting trial for possession of controlled substances and felon-in-possession charges.

http://dcso.nashville.gov/Search/Details/805411
USAF 1982-2005

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

ELB wrote:Follow-up:

If I read this correctly, the under-the-bed ex-boyfriend was convicted of felony stalking and is serving a six year sentence starting this past September. He is also awaiting trial for possession of controlled substances and felon-in-possession charges.

http://dcso.nashville.gov/Search/Details/805411
Ouch!!! He should have just been an illegal and “found” a gun, then he would be off free!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Sad, that's all I can say. I hope she never has to lay eyes on that scum again.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”