Old shooting in Conroe -what are yalls thoughts

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tauruspt145
Posts in topic: 4

Old shooting in Conroe -what are yalls thoughts

Post by tauruspt145 »

About 830pm Friday night Conroe Police were dispatched to a disturbance call on Maple Mills Drive just off Avenue M and FM 1314. A female reported a former spouse had broken into her home in an attempt to steal prescription drugs. When police arrived the suspect who was described as suicidal and unstable had left the scene. As they were at the location the female stated her brother had the suspect detained on South Loop 336 at FM 1314 next to the Corner Store.

As Conroe officers responded an altercation between the suspect and the females brother took place and shots were fired. The suspect was shot one time in the upper torso. He was transported to Conroe Regional Hospital where he is in stable condition.

The females brother who has not been identified was questioned and released by officers. The Montgomery County District Attorney’ s Office assisted in the investigation.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Old shooting in Conroe -what are yalls thoughts

Post by jb2012 »

I think the brother got off awfully lucky...if he gets off....

Topic author
tauruspt145

Post by tauruspt145 »

Suspect had knife and made three advances towards brother, then he charged brother with hand on knife. Brother then drew and fired one time striking suspect in torso with bullet going in the lung out of the lung bouncing off of spine and ending up in liver. Brother was chl carrier

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Topbuilder »

"was questioned and released by officers" Being a wolf carries risk. Sounds like the officers recognized him as such or, he would have got the "ride".
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jb2012 »

tauruspt145 wrote:Suspect had knife and made three advances towards brother, then he charged brother with hand on knife. Brother then drew and fired one time striking suspect in torso with bullet going in the lung out of the lung bouncing off of spine and ending up in liver. Brother was chl carrier
Lol the knife, and advances made with the knife are probably the most important details of the story and were left out. Still yet, why is the brother chasing the suspect? I got my CHL so that I could defend myself until police arrive, not to chase down thieves with a gun.... especially prescription thieves.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

jb2012 wrote:
tauruspt145 wrote:Suspect had knife and made three advances towards brother, then he charged brother with hand on knife. Brother then drew and fired one time striking suspect in torso with bullet going in the lung out of the lung bouncing off of spine and ending up in liver. Brother was chl carrier
Lol the knife, and advances made with the knife are probably the most important details of the story and were left out. Still yet, why is the brother chasing the suspect? I got my CHL so that I could defend myself until police arrive, not to chase down thieves with a gun.... especially prescription thieves.

:iagree:

This was a domestic issue, that turned into a lone wolf man hunt. The BG was known to the burglary victim, the police would have found him, and if someone is suicidal, and unstable, why would you try to confront him alone? I guess it's good that the BG was removed from the streets, but what if he had gotten to his knife before the brother got his gun into play? Could have gone the other way very quickly, and as you said over some prescriptions, that he may not have even gotten.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
tauruspt145

Post by tauruspt145 »

Brother was on speaker phone with police the entire confrontation relaying to police where suspect was going. Gun never cleared holster until it was fired.Brother was later no billed and it took almost a year for him to get his gun back. Brother sat in the back of police car for 5 hours that night, then taken to police station questioned and let go.
Last edited by tauruspt145 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
tauruspt145

Post by tauruspt145 »

The original post was a news article. Brother did not know that suspect was suicidal.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”