AZ: Woman with gun to head kills assailant

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

AZ: Woman with gun to head kills assailant

Post by ELB »

Carol Miracle, 23, told Glendale police that Frank Taylor, 27, attempted to rob her about 1 a.m. near a Circle K at 59th Avenue and Camelback Road.

Officer Tiffany Smith, a Glendale police spokeswoman, said Miracle told officers that Taylor pointed his gun to her head, and then she drew her own handgun and shot him, fearing for her life.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /87913778/

Warning, if you follow the link, there be pop-ups. :roll:
USAF 1982-2005

Crossfire

Re: AZ: Woman with gun to head kills assailant

Post by Crossfire »

I always tell students it is extremely difficult to successfully draw and fire against a drawn gun.

But, apparently, MIRACLES do happen!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

I agree! But if they are unaware you have a EDC and do not notice the draw. Remember criminals can be affected by tunnel vision also and can be distracted by the situation.

I would also guess 50% do not actually want to kill and only use the gun as a force and not necessary want to actually fire it.
Last edited by JerryK on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Crossfire wrote:I always tell students it is extremely difficult to successfully draw and fire against a drawn gun.

Not a miracle, when I was on our local police Tactical Team, the team sgt would have two officers draw against each other, one would hold his gun at low ready, the other would draw from his holster, 90% of the time it was a tie, with the officer who was most accurate winning! Thugs don't get range time! they might get me but I'll take my chances, I am completely competent with my shooting skills
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

crazy2medic wrote:
Crossfire wrote:I always tell students it is extremely difficult to successfully draw and fire against a drawn gun.

Not a miracle, when I was on our local police Tactical Team, the team sgt would have two officers draw against each other, one would hold his gun at low ready, the other would draw from his holster, 90% of the time it was a tie, with the officer who was most accurate winning! Thugs don't get range time! they might get me but I'll take my chances, I am completely competent with my shooting skills
In addition, I read an FBI stat. that 74% of people who move when fired upon are then missed. Gives food for though when training.
I know I would be shuckin and jivin if fired upon.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”