Dominos Driver Kills Robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TomV
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dominos Driver Kills Robber

Post by TomV »

The DMN article says the driver "returned fire". I think the teen(s) shot first.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Filing a UCW charge against someone after a righteous shooting was simply not done in years past. I cannot recall it ever having happened, but I may be wrong.

TPC §46.02(a)(2) may provide a safe haven for the intended victim. Which way was the intended victim walking? Will direction of travel really make a difference? (See below.) Tactics would seem to indicate a robber would wait until after the pizza was delivered when the delivery man would possibly have more money and the homeowner would not be looking out the window/door for dinner.

Chas.
TPC §46.02 wrote:Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
I believe the article stated the delivery address was a vacant house, so the actors knew they would only get what money the driver had with him and laid in wait I suppose. The driver may have noticed the house was vacant been suspicious and prepared himself. He could even have remained in his car and called in to check the address. There's so little detail it's difficult to know what occurred at this point. I hope he's not charged, but if he is hopefully a jury will acquit.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

He would not be charged, under the "necessity rule"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If this driver violated the law, then the law needs to be changed.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Are the perpetrator's parents going to be charged for PC 46.13 Making A Firearm Accessible To A Child?

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

apostate

Post by apostate »

carlson1 wrote:It is ashame even in Texas you can't defend yourself unless you have a LTC. :banghead: I guess you just let some kids shoot you.
That's exactly why the Texas Municipal Police Association, Combined Law Enforcement Association of Texas, Houston Police Officers Union, Dallas Police Officers Union, Dallas County Sheriff, Texas Gun Sense [sic] and Art Acevedo oppose HB 1911. They want crime victims to die.

If the crime victims refuse to lay down and die and have the nerve to fight back, they want the crime victims to go to prison.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

apostate wrote:That's exactly why the Texas Municipal Police Association, Combined Law Enforcement Association of Texas, Houston Police Officers Union, Dallas Police Officers Union, Dallas County Sheriff, Texas Gun Sense [sic] and Art Acevedo oppose HB 1911.
All of those people are free to set an example by disarming first. Obviously their thinking is that means of self defense is not necessary, so why they carrying guns?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

apostate

Post by apostate »

bblhd672 wrote:
apostate wrote:That's exactly why the Texas Municipal Police Association, Combined Law Enforcement Association of Texas, Houston Police Officers Union, Dallas Police Officers Union, Dallas County Sheriff, Texas Gun Sense [sic] and Art Acevedo oppose HB 1911.
All of those people are free to set an example by disarming first. Obviously their thinking is that means of self defense is not necessary, so why they carrying guns?
They don't want to die. They want us to die, or go to jail for refusing to be victims.

They're wolves on two legs. No other explanation for it.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

The delivery driver did an interview with Fox 4 Dallas. He is an Air Force Veteran. They said he held a license on and off here in Texas, but do to Arizona being easier and cheaper he does have an Arizona Permit. They also reported that the Police told Fox 4 that Texas honors the permit from Arizona.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This thread has been unlocked. If it again turns into general COP-bashing, it will be permanently locked.

Chas.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This thread has been unlocked. If it again turns into general COP-bashing, it will be permanently locked.

Chas.
Thanks Charles for keeping us on track.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”