Mrs. VolTexan...Part 1

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mrs. VolTexan...Part 1

Post by MaduroBU »

That's certainly a situation in which "open carry" carried the day.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

Vol Texan wrote:
Excaliber wrote:I'm very glad to hear that the safe did its job in delaying the thieves long enough that they couldn't stay long enough to make penetration.

I'd suggest contacting the safe manufacturer. Some of them will replace a safe that was unsuccessfully attacked for free if they can use pictures and the story in their marketing materials.

If you can arrange that, it would sharply cut your insurer's payout as well and hopefully reduce any premium increase.
Very good idea - and we started down that path today.

I'd already contacted my safe retailer to figure out some options, but I reached out to the manufacturer today based on your suggestion. They were slow to respond, but I expect I'll hear from the supervisor there tomorrow.
I hope it works out for you.

If you can't get a replacement free, I suggest negotiating for a substantial discount. Your story should be a marketing windfall for them.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

Vol Texan wrote:...
This was a TL-30 x 6 rated safe from the Original Safe Company. ...
Thanks!
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”