Gun shots heard near money gram soccer complex

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 4

Gun shots heard near money gram soccer complex

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Last night while we were at my daughters soccer practice we heard 6 gun shots near the fields. We had the girls get down flat on the ground and while we were on the phone with 911 we heard 4 more shots. One of our dads is a police officer and he got after me for having all the girls huddled together. After the fact it made sense to spread the girls out. After about 15 minuets of no shooting people started to leave.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun shots heard near money gram soccer complex

Post by ELB »

Is this the MoneyGram Soccer Park at Elm Fork?

If it is, Google maps shows Elm Fork shooting ranges are less than a mile to the west of it.

Could you have heard something from there, maybe with a wind shift brought the sound over?
USAF 1982-2005

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

ELB wrote:Is this the MoneyGram Soccer Park at Elm Fork?

If it is, Google maps shows Elm Fork shooting ranges are less than a mile to the west of it.

Could you have heard something from there, maybe with a wind shift brought the sound over?
This is the case at a few parks in Grand Prairie too. You'll hear gun shots all day long. It's kind of funny to watch the reactions of first timers.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Being a bird hunter, you understand one can do much more damage to a covey of birds than singles flying by. Quickly moving to their vehicles to gain cover and exit the location may have been a better option if you believed there was a real and credible threat. ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

mojo84 wrote:Being a bird hunter, you understand one can do much more damage to a covey of birds than singles flying by. Quickly moving to their vehicles to gain cover and exit the location may have been a better option if you believed there was a real and credible threat. ;-)
There was a lot of wisdom in what he said and I appreciated the lesson.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Being a bird hunter, you understand one can do much more damage to a covey of birds than singles flying by. Quickly moving to their vehicles to gain cover and exit the location may have been a better option if you believed there was a real and credible threat. ;-)
There was a lot of wisdom in what he said and I appreciated the lesson.
While I agree with everything said, I'm still going to give the OP Kudos.. Most people will stand around like Sheeples.. He took action, in a quick way under the potential threat of a real life dangerous situation. But if anything good from this is a new lesson learned (for all of us).

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

ELB wrote:Is this the MoneyGram Soccer Park at Elm Fork?

It happened about 8:45 last night the shooting came from the opposite side of the field away from the gun range.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Just to be clear. My comment wasn't intended as critism. I used the word "may" since I wasn't there and my suggestion may not have been the best course of action. Just a suggestion based upon some expert advice ice received over the last few years.

I applaud him For being in tune to what may have been a very bad situation. Every situation or event is a learning opportunity.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

mojo84 wrote:Just to be clear. My comment wasn't intended as critism. I used the word "may" since I wasn't there and my suggestion may not have been the best course of action. Just a suggestion based upon some expert advice ice received over the last few years.

I applaud him For being in tune to what may have been a very bad situation. Every situation or event is a learning opportunity.

No offense was taken. I want people to talk about this and exchange ideas.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”