Mother of dead Popeyes robber: ‘Why did he shoot him five times'

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mother of dead Popeyes robber: ‘Why did he shoot him five times'

Post by anygunanywhere »

JakeTheSnake wrote:Heck, if the police can shoot a man crawling on his hands and knees five times, would it not be reasonable to think a man standing with a gun in his hand may require five or more?
Exactly.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

... and if we find out that the first of the five rounds was actually the shot that effectively ended this person's life (just moments later due to exsanguination) the whole why did he have to shoot five times is really a moot point. Like most others here, I hope to never have to fire shots in a time of need, but my intent will be to continue to use deadly force until the threat stops or my ability to use deadly force comes to an end.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Why did she raise a son who had committed at least 5 robberies?
Why did her 19 year old son, have a gun with at least 5 rounds?
Why did she have to ask this question, and not her husband, the boy's father?
Why wasn't her son enrolled in college, instead of robbing, families, at a fast food restaurant?
What church did she attend with her son?
How much of her income was tax payer subsidized?

There are a lot of unanswered questions in this situation.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Liberty wrote:
Chaparral wrote:
Just thinking out loud but, maybe we should pass a law that we get to shoot the MSM that assault grieving family members.
So, should we honor the 2nd Amendment, but not the 1st?
Although I was speaking tongue in cheek. If I were approached by a reporter under such conditions, I would want at least the right to pummel that lowlife into a heap. I think a right to protect ourselves from assault outweighs the 1st ammendment right to get the story. JMHO.
The first amendment does not protect the reporter from you pummeling them. It would only be a first amendment violation if you were acting as an agent of the government while doing so.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

strogg wrote:Now it makes me wonder. If I were in that situation, how many shots would I pull off before I stop? I know it'll be at least two, possibly 3 depending on how likely the perp is to be incapacitated at that point. That is all assuming I'm in control of my faculties as adrenaline is pumping through my arteries. I can definitely see myself going up to 5 or more if the perp is high on PCP, wearing armor, etc. There's really only one way to find out, and I certainly hope I never will.
Remember these words "My training is such that when I fire a shot, when the sight picture returns and the threat is still there, I fire another shot. This continues until the site picture returns and there is no longer a threat in the sight picture."
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

Relatives of criminals (most particularly low life types, be they white or ...?) often complain their criminal loved one was mistreated.

Did he/she have a list (sometimes long and varied) of past criminal misdeeds?

Ah, yeah, but, but, but, but...

Did you the aggrieved relative sincerely believe this person was going to end up being a non-criminal, you know, work for a living, stay out of trouble, be honest and upright?

No, you didn't.

You knew they'd end up tragically.

Quit bellyaching.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I would not be surprised if the answer to "why did he shoot him five times?" is "J-frame."
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”