MX: Cowboy-hatted man disarms robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

MX: Cowboy-hatted man disarms robber

Post by ELB »

Go watch the video at this link. Will warm your heart: http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cowboy ... waving-gun
Surveillance video captures a young man waving a gun, trying to hold up this store in Monterrey, Mexico. A store customer wearing a cowboy hat springs into action, knocking the gun from robber's hand. A store employee picking up the gun and helping to apprehend the robber, ending the scary scene.
USAF 1982-2005

Jnazee

Re: MX: Cowboy-hatted man disarms robber

Post by Jnazee »

There's not a warm heart smiley so I'll just do a happy dance. :anamatedbanana

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I also loved it when the second employee grabbed the guy by the throat before he could get out the door. :smilelol5:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Cowboy carefully put his glasses away and never lost his hat. :woohoo
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

Pawpaw wrote:I also loved it when the second employee grabbed the guy by the throat before he could get out the door. :smilelol5:
...and the employee was wearing blue gloves (PPC). Having used them myself they give you a nice non-slipping, eye popping grip. :shock:

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Too bad its Mexico and they have crap gun laws or the old man in the cowboy hat could have just drawn and shot him when he turned around. Because of Mexico's crap laws, he doesn't have a distance weapon and has to try and tackle the guy. He almost gets stabbed several times.

Fortunately robbery does not seem to accompany intelligence in this instance. Not sure how he didn't stab him, but glad he didn't.

If that knife were to... "slip" off camera, I doubt there would be many repercussions.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”