PA: Grandma shoots home invader.

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

PA: Grandma shoots home invader.

Post by ELB »

Grandma, 70, shoots alleged home intruder: 'Kill him before he kills me'
Despite her warnings, the alleged burglar didn’t stop and continued to smash her dining room window and enter the house. Thompson, going into survival mode, grabbed her late mother’s handgun and shot at the suspect. She told Fox 29 it was her first time using the gun.

“I shot at him. He turned around and he ran and when he ran, I ran down the steps behind him and shot at him some more,” Thompson recalled. “Kill him before he kills me. That’s what was going through my mind.”
She has other words of wisdom to live by:
“Stay the heck out of people’s houses,” Thompson said.
Not an exact quote.

Wounded invader ran to a nearby business and called police. He was arrested and taken to the hospital.

p.s. Note that the thug knew she was home, and he broke in anyway. I don't think 911 calls and rape whistles would have helped her nearly as much as her mom's handgun did.
USAF 1982-2005

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA: Grandma shoots home invader.

Post by Abraham »

I'm glad she prevailed.

Chasing after the guy and shooting at him could be a problem, ...I hope he doesn't cause her any further grief.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Abraham wrote:I'm glad she prevailed.

Chasing after the guy and shooting at him could be a problem, ...I hope he doesn't cause her any further grief.
You're right but I don't think at that age no one would prosecute her, at least I hope.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Grams is also the mother of a police officer.

The article linked below makes it clear that when she was "chasing" the intruder and shooting at him, he was still inside her house. He broke in while she was warning him not to, came upstairs to her bedroom door, and then the shooting began.

I don't think she is going to have any trouble from the DA.

Her neighbor also offers some good counseling to the wounded suspect:
"Get a job," she told CBS, "and you won't have to be intruding in on innocent people like this."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 95204.html
USAF 1982-2005

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Why is this grandmother playing LEO? She should cower in the closet and dial 911, that's what David Hogg, the kid rejected from third rate colleges says. So it must be true. Hey David Laura Ingraham got into Harvard and you couldn't even get into the Peoples' Republic of Berkley. Not commie enough...neener neener neener!! :lol:

She may beat the rap, but I'll bet she takes the ride.... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”