TX: Fredericksburg woman kills an intruder with head shot

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Fredericksburg woman kills an intruder with head shot

Post by Liberty »

I don't believe in a lot of hard and fast rules, rules are made to be broken. This was basically a hostage situation. The beaten victim was physically close and perhaps providing cover for the bad guy. The lady might not have had a clean shot, without endangering fiancé. Maybe her pleading or warning shot provided a distraction to give her a clean shot into his pumpkin. It was a good shot with great results.

I'm not claiming that warning shots are a great idea. Most of the time it would be a terrible idea. Although in this case, it might have been the best strategy. The boyfriend and the woman are OK. The bad guy was stopped. All in all a happy ending.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Fredericksburg woman kills an intruder with head shot

Post by johncanfield »

The perp was probably thieving for drug money. We're on a ranch west of Fredericksburg, even out here drugs are a problem, Kerrville PD makes a few a few drug arrests every week. I'm delighted that incident had a relatively good ending. Even though we're on acreage my Sig is always on my hip in a holster.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”