FL: Flare gun vs CWP

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

FL: Flare gun vs CWP

Post by ELB »

Monroe County Florida

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42110402/fl ... gal-papers

Two process servers (apparently civilian or private, not deputies) tried to serve papers on an elderly couple. They weren't having it.

The female servee yelled and charged at the servers...but fell down. Then the male servee then fired a flare gun from a 2nd floor balcony at the servers. The male server had a "legally concealed firearm," which he obtained and pointed it at the male servee telling him to stop. Male servee fired a few more flare rounds anyway, bouncing one off the servers' car hood. One of the servers called the sheriff and deputies arrived to find male server holding male servee at gun point. He gave up to cops willingly but female servee got feisty.

Male servee arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm and using a firearm under influence of alcohol (no surprise there), female servee arrested for resisting arrest and battery.
USAF 1982-2005

puma guy

Re: FL: Flare gun vs CWP

Post by puma guy »

ELB wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:35 pm Monroe County Florida

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42110402/fl ... gal-papers

Two process servers (apparently civilian or private, not deputies) tried to serve papers on an elderly couple. They weren't having it.

The female servee yelled and charged at the servers...but fell down. Then the male servee then fired a flare gun from a 2nd floor balcony at the servers. The male server had a "legally concealed firearm," which he obtained and pointed it at the male servee telling him to stop. Male servee fired a few more flare rounds anyway, bouncing one off the servers' car hood. One of the servers called the sheriff and deputies arrived to find male server holding male servee at gun point. He gave up to cops willingly but female servee got feisty.

Male servee arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm and using a firearm under influence of alcohol (no surprise there), female servee arrested for resisting arrest and battery.
That's an extreme version of Eastwood's "get off may lawn". No way could it turn out good.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Re: FL: Flare gun vs CWP

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I miss ALL the fun stuff! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”