FL: 70+ homeowner kills home invader beating his wife

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

FL: 70+ homeowner kills home invader beating his wife

Post by ELB »

Panama City Florida

70-something yo man was in front of his house around 6 a.m. when he saw a man acting erratically, swearing and screaming while walking down the street. Mr. Erratic approached the old man, who fled into his garage and then into his house. Mr. Erratic beat on the door between garage and house, but not gaining entry there went to the glass front door of the house and broke in. He knocked the 70+ man's wife to the floor and began beating her about the head. 70+ went upstairs, retrieved a handgun, and fired several times, killing Mr. Erratic. Mrs. 70+ was taken to hospital but articles did not have word on her condition.

Police identified Mr. Erratic's real name, and discovered he was staying at a nearby short-term rental with some other adults and children where the police observed narcotics in plain sight. A warrant was obtained, a search found a smorgasbord of drugs, and the adults went to jail on a variety of drug and child neglect charges.

Pictures of the smashed glass door and the various ne'er-do-wells at the links.

https://leadpatriot.com/armed-70-year-o ... ideo/7289/
USAF 1982-2005

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FL: 70+ homeowner kills home invader beating his wife

Post by C-dub »

Good for Mr. Homeowner!

I hope his wife recovers. I'm glad he was calm enough to realize he needed to retrieve his firearm instead of trying to take him on hand to hand.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Note to self: never have a leaded glass front door or leaded glass side light.

Good shooting.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 pm Note to self: never have a leaded glass front door or leaded glass side light.

Good shooting.
No doubt. I don't like front doors with glass in them or those thin little side windows next to them or a solid door that someone can view down my hallway into my house. Solid doors only for me without any of those little side windows.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

eieio1

Post by eieio1 »

As the saying goes - don't mess with an old man, if he's too old to fight he will just kill you...
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO
NRA Instructor - Rifle and Shotgun

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”